The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read somewhere that the elise was made to accept any FWD [tanverse layout] motor available at the design time.

Has anone tried to put a 4G63 into one ? Reason i ask is i have one lying around from my Eclipse [4G63 FWD] To extract 400 WHP from this is as reliable as a stock anybody motor

Thanks

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
I'm sure you could do it... but its a question of should do it, from what I hear lotus originally wanted to get an engine from honda, but honda was gonna charge em full price, there have been many instances of people putting K20s in lotuses with wonderful results, and I think there is even a company that makes a kit for it.(and k20s dont have a problem hitting 400hp)

unless you are made out of money(and you could be for all I know) it would probably be better to stick to the beaten path.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
whose car is this ?

Thing is, I already have the 4g63 motor. AND , noooooooooo not made of money.

I'm sure you could do it... but its a question of should do it, from what I hear lotus originally wanted to get an engine from honda, but honda was gonna charge em full price, there have been many instances of people putting K20s in lotuses with wonderful results, and I think there is even a company that makes a kit for it.(and k20s dont have a problem hitting 400hp)

unless you are made out of money(and you could be for all I know) it would probably be better to stick to the beaten path.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Whoa....

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Thing is, I already have the 4g63 motor. AND , noooooooooo not made of money.
thats an S1 but there is something else to consider
turbo lag
if you are using a small turbo and dont experience any lag thats one thing, but in a car like this you want very controllable throttle response and on a 400hp 4g63 I doubt you will. thats why superchargers are the weapon on choice for this car.

·
Registered
361 Posts
what good is that intercooler doing, it is sitting right above the motor with no direct airflow.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts