The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all,
I have this annoying high pitched vibration/buzzing noise that comes on around 4k RPM from what sounds like the driver's side speaker-ish area. It comes on at this RPM accelerating and when letting off of the gas. I've removed the speaker cover, the screw at the top of the plastic cladding (That seemed loose) but the noise persists. I've read some posts about exhaust brackets, etc. This, to me, really sounds like it's coming from the inside? But, I have not tried having someone rev it and listen to it from the outside? Anyone else experience this or know the first thing to check?

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Don't you just get a different one at 5000 RPM :) Sounds like you need a louder exhaust.

I'd just pull the access panel off and watch/feel while an assistant works the throttle.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Ok, I realized that if I rev the engine out of gear to the 3500-4000k level the buzz is there. But, as soon as i push the clutch in the Buzzing disappears. I wonder what this could mean?

·
Premium Member
5,195 Posts
It could be a throwout bearing. I would check the hardware on the exhaust, rear diffuser, and install plastic or leather washers on the undertray.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts