The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last year was a fun time (see the link listed in the 2008 NE Calendar), so why not again?? The date is Saturday, August 16th (we’ll try to make this the 1st rain-free year) and anyone within driving distance of Downingtown, PA (about 30 miles west of Philadelphia) would be welcome along with as many passengers as would fit in your Lotus (any model welcome). Last year’s attendees included: 11 Elises, 1 Exige, 1 Esprit, 1 Elan, 1 Delorean, and 1 triumph motocycle.

It’s a low key, casual, sit on the deck, eat, and swim type of thing (or hang out front, chat, and ogle the cars). Figure on arriving anytime from late morning onward with eating/swimming starting about noon. I’ll have some burgers, dogs, and chicken to throw on the grill as well as most other related supplies. Attendees could volunteer to bring an appetizer, snack, salad, side dish, or dessert if they like.

I’ll try to have several local driving routes planned out for those interested in exploring and anyone can feel free to slip off for spirited driving whenever the urge strikes. Detailed directions will be sent to confirmed attendees as the date approaches. Just let me know by posting your reply or via PM. Hope you can make it.

Larry & Deb

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
I'll most likely be available +1

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
last year was a good time. i will not be available for this year. good luck with the rain thing.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
i should be able to make it, however it might be late morning

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cornbeef - looking forward to seeing a Reading-ite since we used to live there awhile back. So far, we only have 2 potential attendees, but that just means more food and driving to share. Hope people are just recuperating from LOG and will respond shortly.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
bump......who else is going? I'm in weather permitting

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Cornbeef - looking forward to seeing a Reading-ite since we used to live there awhile back. So far, we only have 2 potential attendees, but that just means more food and driving to share. Hope people are just recuperating from LOG and will respond shortly.
i hope to be down, it depends on work but it looks like i'll be able to make it late morning/early afternoon if that works. i might not have the elise though:( as it needs a service and i'm looking to drop it off this week.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts

you should be looking forward to meeting me as well. I'm a legend in eastern PA. LOL :D

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
you should be looking forward to meeting me as well. I'm a legend in eastern PA. LOL :D
AND his modesty is unparalleled !! rotfl-poke-

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
Guess that means you're not coming to the cruise--- ay ??

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
By the numbers....

Based on responses from only 2 possible attendees (only one car), I've decided that a change of venue is needed. Anyone interested can join us at the monthly Macungie "cruise night" on Saturday, 8/16. They don't really cruise, but several hundred cars of various persuasions park on the grass at Macungie Memorial Park just off of Route 100 in Macungie Pennsylvania (just south of Allentown). It's always a blast, good people, great cars, food, and music. It goes from 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m., but people often start showing up as early as 4:00 p.m.

Hope to see some Lotus folks there on Saturday.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Larry & Deb, sorry I won't be able to make it but the first 3 years was great.
Win,

Hope all is well on the left coast. You should at least CONSIDER driving here for Saturday's event (how long could it possibly take).

Larry

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Based on responses from only 2 possible attendees (only one car), I've decided that a change of venue is needed. Anyone interested can join us at the monthly Macungie "cruise night" on Saturday, 8/16. They don't really cruise, but several hundred cars of various persuasions park on the grass at Macungie Memorial Park just off of Route 100 in Macungie Pennsylvania (just south of Allentown). It's always a blast, good people, great cars, food, and music. It goes from 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m., but people often start showing up as early as 4:00 p.m.

Hope to see some Lotus folks there on Saturday.
nice! Even closer!

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
since it's late afternoon/early evening i should be there. and since i forgot to schedule the service appointment, i'll have the elise

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
What time are you guys looking to be there?

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
i'll be there around 5 or 6. alan (or whomever) if you guys want to stop over for some pre-cruise grillfest call my chelly. i live about 15-20 mins away from mac park. 484-225-3352. I'll be painting my house this morning so i wont be able to check the forum.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts