The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if I'm beating someone to the punch here!

I've really enjoyed the Fish & Chips run the few times I have been. I think in previous years it was announced about this time.

So sorry if I'm jumping the gun...but I will anyway. :) Is there anything is in the works for this year? If not can we get something going?

Nothing like a little engine oil and F&C at the old Ship's Inn to top off a spirited drive through the rolling hills of Milford...

cheers!

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
last year was fun! my first lotus event ever! what was there 15 cars? we had a perfect spring day! looking forward to it! i'm correct i think it was a club111 run event, so maybe well hear from vangman?

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Robert/Wallabyguy should have the details. :up:

·
Registered
101 Posts
As long as I have my car by then (ETA end Mar/beg. Apr), count me in :D

But I gotta ask, because I've spent several years in the UK --> for those of you who have had F&C in the UK, how do these compare? Because I've been searching for something similar all over the place, but nothing is quite as good :(

Otherwise I'd make the journey every weekend if these were like F&C from over the pond ;)

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
As long as I have my car by then (ETA end Mar/beg. Apr), count me in :D

But I gotta ask, because I've spent several years in the UK --> for those of you who have had F&C in the UK, how do these compare? Because I've been searching for something similar all over the place, but nothing is quite as good :(

Otherwise I'd make the journey every weekend if these were like F&C from over the pond ;)
The F&C here are about as good as the Guinness. Ever had a pint in Dublin? ;)

·
Registered
7,430 Posts
The Ship Inn has some really good British food (please hold back on the jokes). Their Fish and Chips is about as good as it comes on this side of the pond.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Actually there are 2 good places to get Fish and Chips in the area. The Chip Shop in Park Slope, Brooklyn and A Salt & Battery in the city on Greenwich Ave and 2nd Ave.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts
Don't eat Fish OR Chips.....but it sounds like a fun ride anyway ( and in my old trompin grounds ! ) Jersey's good for a lot of things..... including Pizza, Corn, hard rolls, bagels...... subs...boardwalk fries....

·
Premium Member
11,717 Posts
Don't eat Fish OR Chips.....but it sounds like a fun ride anyway ( and in my old trompin grounds ! ) Jersey's good for a lot of things..... including Pizza, Corn, hard rolls, bagels...... subs...boardwalk fries....
And, don't forget the Taylor Ham & cheese sandwiches, now shipped across US.

I must ask: Why don't you eat f or c?

·
Registered
101 Posts
The F&C here are about as good as the Guinness. Ever had a pint in Dublin? ;)
Yeah, I went to Dublin once. Had a pint of Guinness every morning for breakfast it was that good :drool:

The only problem now is that I can't drink Guinness anywhere outside of Ireland :(

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts
I must ask: Why don't you eat f or c?
low fat low sodium ovo lacto vegetarian..........for the past.........34 years

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
I do,18 wheeler anyone?:D

1 - 20 of 127 Posts