The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mason Dixon Rally
Yes the date is set....Saturday September 12th. It is the weekend after Labor day and the weekend before the Ferrari Challenge and Historics at New Jersey Motorsports Park. So I finally found a weekend that didnt have some significant event to compete. No excuses now...put it on you calendar. Details will be forthcoming but wanted to get this out there. See you all at the end of the summer ...or before. Jon
Send me an email if your curious or interested or both [email protected]
Put this link in your internet browser to go to Bob Craigs photo gallery of last years event:
MobileMe Gallery

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Where does this take place?

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
The roads look great. Are you all cross-posting on PCA, MINI and BMW boards? Looked like there were a couple MINIs along...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cross posting on ferrariChat.com and the Local Delaware PCA site. Otherwise its word of mouth. The event has grown steadily but controlably over the last four years. I dont want random jerks coming out of the woodwork to this event so a friend of a friend referral works beast.
BTW it takes place starting at the truckstop at the Maryland -Delaware line off I-95. I usually wind north and East from there into Delaware ending at an office park for a BBQ. Usually runs about 50-75 miles and takes with breaks about 2-3 hours to run. Jon in Delaware

·
***** lurker
732 Posts
There's a sign-up list being made on Ferrari Chat so they know how many people/cars to expect for the event. I really do recommend going if you've got the time.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Are many of you attending this event and can you still sign up? I assume this is a "spirited" type drive rather than a "leaf peeper" type drive...
Seems as though the 12th is one of the few days I have free so its this event or driving south to meet up with the VA folks... unless that event is moved to the 26th... :panic:

·
Registered
279 Posts
Are many of you attending this event and can you still sign up? I assume this is a "spirited" type drive rather than a "leaf peeper" type drive...
Seems as though the 12th is one of the few days I have free so its this event or driving south to meet up with the VA folks... unless that event is moved to the 26th... :panic:
Don't forget it is this Saturday! I think you can still sign up

·
Registered
103 Posts
All signed up... I will see you all Saturday :)

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Anyone from the south want to meet in Old Town Alexandria and drive to the start point together?

·
Registered
27 Posts
One more going...

Looks like there will be more Lotus cars there than any year so far. I've driven it each year and it is fun. We took the Ferrari each time but this year, it's the Lotus. We'll be leaving from home around 7 (I live at the beach) so if anyone is on the Eastern Shore or along the northern route through Dover and wants to caravan over, let me know.

·
Registered
27 Posts
some pics

It was a great event. Nice Lotus turnout. Christine, you are an inspiration. I kinda wish you had not attended because Amy is now wanting to spend a bunch of money to personalize her Elise. :) It was nice meeting some more people from this forum and look forward to another rally with you guys.

Attachments

·
Registered
279 Posts
It was a great event. Nice Lotus turnout. Christine, you are an inspiration. I kinda wish you had not attended because Amy is now wanting to spend a bunch of money to personalize her Elise. :) It was nice meeting some more people from this forum and look forward to another rally with you guys.
Thanks :) It was great meeting you guys! If she wants I can do the door inserts for her, it only took me about 4 hours to do. I only put glue on the back so that it would not ruin the piece if I ever took it off. I just went to the fabric store and picked out a few I liked and then got this 3m spray glue from the hardware store. One side I want to redo because the back has a little bump... happened to be the side you took a picture of! lol :)

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
This was really a blast... but next year we are leaving the top on the car ;) We got just a little bit wet lol.

Or at the very least we'll get a soft top...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts