The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a 5 channel amp to run a JVC KD-NX5000, front/rear speakers and a JL Audio 10" Sub. Bought the sub and enclosure from StickerCity to mount behind the seats. Would like to find an amp to power all that would fit behind either the driver or passenger seat. I've searched the forum but am still confused as to what to buy. Am replacing the front and rear speakers with Infinity Kappas. Want a really nice amp but want to make sure what I buy fits....plan to purchase online and have a local guy that will install. Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
I am looking for a 5 channel amp to run a JVC KD-NX5000, front/rear speakers and a JL Audio 10" Sub. Bought the sub and enclosure from StickerCity to mount behind the seats. Would like to find an amp to power all that would fit behind either the driver or passenger seat. I've searched the forum but am still confused as to what to buy. Am replacing the front and rear speakers with Infinity Kappas. Want a really nice amp but want to make sure what I buy fits....plan to purchase online and have a local guy that will install. Thanks in advance for any help.
I recommend the Alpine PDX-5... 4 channels at >75W, one sub channel at >300W... only 7lbs., and it fits on the package tray behind the seats.

Oh, and it sounds great too!

·
Registered
526 Posts
+1 on the Alpine PDX-5. I will be ordering mine in the next few days.

·
Registered
526 Posts
+1 again for location. It is an awesome amp and you cannot beat the size of it. Plus, it is way too much trouble to get something else that it bigger that you would have to mount in the boot.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
I run mine with a 4 channel amp, but with a tri-way cross-over to power the subwoofer (10" JL Audio) from the rear speaker signals. It sounds great, and I see no real need for a separate subwoofer channel in this car. I mounted the amp behind the passenger seat.

You can use your head unit's equalizer or bass boost (or whatever your unit calls it) control to adjust the relative volume of the subwoofer since those low frequencies should be filtered out before going to your front and rear woofers (filtered out by the tri-way cross-over in the case of the rear woofers).

There have been a few threads on this approach.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts