The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Nazz said:
Not sure if this has been mentioned but I saw 5 Elises in stock for sale at Prestige in Miami while looking at a GT3.

Silver, yellow, Bordeaux, black and orange. Didn't look to see what the were selling them for.

http://www.prestigeimports.com/en/S..._id=14&ss_id=3F26777E08B241AA9991274D98D1A752

Nazz
Even if they had my exact specs at MSRP I wouldn't buy it from them (and I live 25 minutes from them).

It is absolutely horrendous how they treat their customers.

They shredded the entire Elise wait list and told their customers to go screw themselves so they could sell the cars on the open market.

They lack a love of the brand. (IMHO)

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
One of my co-workers has an order for a car with them, and it seems identical to one of the cars that are listed, except I'm not sure what color interior she picked. They told her her car should be here around Christmas. I'll have to check with her on Monday and see if she cancelled her order, or warn her that they might be trying to sell it out from under her.

BTW, they told her that her car was ordered with LSS and she specified that she did not want it. I told her to ask for the build date and the VIN number and they gave her a printout showing her number in line and the names of some other people who were before and after her. I also told her that since they stated that couldnt tell her the build date or VIN number then it shoudnt be too late to have the dealer call the factory and have them cancel the LSS.

If the car that they are selling is indeed exactly the same as the one that she wants, then I dont see why they wouldnt just sell it to her instead. I just hope that they didnt bs her and tell her they ordered the car with LSS in an order to get her to cancel her deposit so that when the actual car that she ordered came in they could sell it at a markup to someone else.

PBMC gave me a letter with my deposit number on it about a week after I left it, and called me about the build date and gave me the VIN number as soon as they found it out. Though this forum and Puresportscar.com I could tell who else was where in line at the dealership I was at, and we could keep track of when are cars were being delivered. The saleman was kind of surprised that when i went there one day, I saw some cars that were waiting to be picked up, and I knew who most of them belonged to and the persons place in line. The service manager was surprised that I recognized another car that was in for serving the same time as mine, and that I knew who the owner was.
Guess they arent aware of the power of the internet.

I wish Lotus USA would issue a standard procedure for all dealers to follow so that specualtion about cars being sold out of order, dealer's ordering cars for themselves and other rumors could be
put to rest once and for all. Once your dealer orders your car then the factory should give them an order receipt number to give to the customer within a week. After the factory collects all of the orders and decides the order to build the cars in (since they might want to build all green cars one day, all LSS the next) then they should give a build order number out, which the customer can then follow. They could even have something set up on their website so that people with pending orders would be given a password to log in and check on what the current build number is, this way they wouldnt have to call the dealers all the time.
What ever happenned to the new computerized system that they were suppossed to get that was supposed to make it easier for dealers to get information?

The only downfall is that if they go to build you car and it fails quality inspection and they would have to delay your build number in order to fix it or start over again, or if your car gets damaged in shipping, and needs to be repaired, you would wind up wondering why people with higher build numbers were getting their cars first.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
xxxotic said:
One of my co-workers has an order for a car with them, and it seems identical to one of the cars that are listed, except I'm not sure what color interior she picked. They told her her car should be here around Christmas. I'll have to check with her on Monday and see if she cancelled her order, or warn her that they might be trying to sell it out from under her.

BTW, they told her that her car was ordered with LSS and she specified that she did not want it. I told her to ask for the build date and the VIN number and they gave her a printout showing her number in line and the names of some other people who were before and after her. I also told her that since they stated that couldnt tell her the build date or VIN number then it shoudnt be too late to have the dealer call the factory and have them cancel the LSS.

If the car that they are selling is indeed exactly the same as the one that she wants, then I dont see why they wouldnt just sell it to her instead. I just hope that they didnt bs her and tell her they ordered the car with LSS in an order to get her to cancel her deposit so that when the actual car that she ordered came in they could sell it at a markup to someone else.

PBMC gave me a letter with my deposit number on it about a week after I left it, and called me about the build date and gave me the VIN number as soon as they found it out. Though this forum and Puresportscar.com I could tell who else was where in line at the dealership I was at, and we could keep track of when are cars were being delivered. The saleman was kind of surprised that when i went there one day, I saw some cars that were waiting to be picked up, and I knew who most of them belonged to and the persons place in line. The service manager was surprised that I recognized another car that was in for serving the same time as mine, and that I knew who the owner was.
Guess they arent aware of the power of the internet.

I wish Lotus USA would issue a standard procedure for all dealers to follow so that specualtion about cars being sold out of order, dealer's ordering cars for themselves and other rumors could be
put to rest once and for all. Once your dealer orders your car then the factory should give them an order receipt number to give to the customer within a week. After the factory collects all of the orders and decides the order to build the cars in (since they might want to build all green cars one day, all LSS the next) then they should give a build order number out, which the customer can then follow. They could even have something set up on their website so that people with pending orders would be given a password to log in and check on what the current build number is, this way they wouldnt have to call the dealers all the time.
What ever happenned to the new computerized system that they were suppossed to get that was supposed to make it easier for dealers to get information?

The only downfall is that if they go to build you car and it fails quality inspection and they would have to delay your build number in order to fix it or start over again, or if your car gets damaged in shipping, and needs to be repaired, you would wind up wondering why people with higher build numbers were getting their cars first.
Late January was the last (quoted by
Lotus CEO) projected 'ready' date for
the new computerized system.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I called Prestige once and they offered about the worst deal I have ever heard, even for a Lotus dealer. First they wanted $2,000 or $2,500 over sticker, plus a bogus $500 "service fee". I called back to do some dealing after that and they added about $1000 to the first bad offer, saying something like someone had made an offer on the car, but they could "get it for me" for more money. I kind of gave up on Prestige after that.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Last time I was there they wanted 10K over MSRP. That is probably why they still have all those cars sitting in there showroom. I am extremely happy I got my car at The Collection.

·
Registered
156 Posts
tomasp77 said:
Last time I was there they wanted 10K over MSRP. That is probably why they still have all those cars sitting in there showroom. I am extremely happy I got my car at The Collection.
What color do you have? I see a Saffron Yellow on Key Biscayne once in a while. I wonder who the owner is.

Beginning of January that SY will get a brother. =)

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
xxxotic said:

put to rest once and for all.
There is a standard procedure, though it may be flawed and incomplete. But they still could not control what a dealer does. Not in USA.

As I was told by someone from Lotus UK, the inability to dictate almost anything to a dealership in the USA was a surprise. There are many laws that protect a dealership from the car company.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Randy Chase said:
There is a standard procedure, though it may be flawed and incomplete. But they still could not control what a dealer does. Not in USA.

As I was told by someone from Lotus UK, the inability to dictate almost anything to a dealership in the USA was a surprise. There are many laws that protect a dealership from the car company.
is a foreign car company allowed to alter the way allocations are made?

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Allocations are done per a legal contract between LCU and the dealerships, based on a mathematical formula designed to hold up in court.

Theoretically, if they could arbitrarily adjust one dealer's allocations, it could open LCU up for legal action from a dealership that felt it was being deprived.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Interesting post Randy. I spoke to a dealer this weekend who told me that Lotus had just upped their allocation. Hmm. Sounded more than a little fishy when I heard it, and this confirms the likelihood that it's not true.

Chris

·
Registered
63 Posts
I am on the list at PBMC, but I work maybe 15-20 minutes from Prestige. I drive by every few weeks to check out the cars. The SY, the CO and the AS have been there for quite some time, maybe 2-3 months. Right before Thanksgiving they had 2 AR and a second SY.

Each time I've stopped in, I took the time to go inside the dealership to browse the cars. Last time I was there I sat in a CO and AS in the showroom. I was in there about 15 minutes. Not one sales associate ever came up to help me. That is a first for me on a car lot.

On the other hand, I went into PBMC, and had a Sales Order within 15 minutes. Still need to set up my test drive there, but I have been pushing it off. I'm afraid if I test drive I'll be tempted to buy a car off the floor without the specs I'd prefer.

The one good thing I can say about Prestige. At least I can go down there and get my visual fix. Plus all the inventory they keep helped me pick my color combo.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Andreas said:
What color do you have? I see a Saffron Yellow on Key Biscayne once in a while. I wonder who the owner is.

Beginning of January that SY will get a brother. =)
I just recently got an Aubergine Purple I have posted some pics on the forum. The Saffron is probably Cassio C. car he works in Brickell.

Once you get your car keep in touch and all 3 of us can meet up.

Take care and Be Strong!!!!!!!!:D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts