The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To make a long story short. Working on winter project and trying to order GA3R wheels from Forgeline, but they can't make it for Lotus 4x100 hub. Found some info that hubs from VX220 Speedster and Opel Astra, Zafira, Saab 9-3 even the domestic Solstice and some Saturn supose to be direct replacement for Lotus hubs. Which would make it 5x110
Spent couple hours on google but just can't find right info. Even on Elise can not find hub pilot diameter, flange offset ect..
Has enyone tried direct hub replacement. Which make or model would fit Elise with same flange offset.
Maybe other options .
Thanks for help guys.

·
Relapsing Honda fan
1,259 Posts
However 5x110mm wheels are harder to find that 4x100... So why bother?

Anton
The larger 5x110 hubs could be machined to 5x100 or 108 and free up a ton of possibilities. Unfortunately the 4x100 hubs aren't large enough to do that to.

·
Banned
3,229 Posts
I was in Sector111 one day talking with Shino and getting a tour. I also noticed 5-lug hubs there. I was completely intrigued by them and asked him to see a Lotus upright and we checked the fit...and guess what? They fit! I took a photo of the SKF box with the P/N. Once I get a charger for my phone, I'll post the SKF P/N...then all you would have to do is go to your favorite auto parts store (NAPA, AutoZone, etc.) and have them order you those parts. These had the speed sensors and all on them!

I have not figured out the brake hats (bells) yet. We would need new aluminum hats for the discs...but it would be a bolt-on mod!

·
Relapsing Honda fan
1,259 Posts
^^^Oh god yes, I'm dying for a new set of wheels.:up:

·
Registered
236 Posts
in for updates!

·
Banned
3,229 Posts
SKF P/N for the 5-lug wheel bearing hubs with speed sensors is
BAR-0050 AC/VK108
And I don't know what the BCD is...

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
SKF P/N for the 5-lug wheel bearing hubs with speed sensors is
BAR-0050 AC/VK108
And I don't know what the BCD is...
It looks like this number is for baring. It shows it being used on number of hubs. Could you possibly ask what car was part for.
I'll call lotusparts tomorrow they have 3 options when you buy hubs . If I understand corectly first one is for 5 lug.
Hubs for Saab 9-3 or Astra you can buy on ebay for $50. Can't get right info to make sure they will fit .
Apreciate your help.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

However 5x110mm wheels are harder to find that 4x100... So why bother?

Anton
There are quite a few options out there. In this case Forgeline wouldn't even make 3 piece custom wheel for 4x100. If I can replace to 5x110 they said its no problem, besides the steep price :).

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
Imagine how well a 5 x 100 bolt-on kit would sell. The purists would say "not well at all", but I'm inclined to think differently. I'd buy that kit today.

·
Banned
3,229 Posts
It looks like this number is for baring. It shows it being used on number of hubs. Could you possibly ask what car was part for.
I'll call lotusparts tomorrow they have 3 options when you buy hubs . If I understand corectly first one is for 5 lug.
Hubs for Saab 9-3 or Astra you can buy on ebay for $50. Can't get right info to make sure they will fit .
Apreciate your help.
What difference does it make what model of car it is made for? I checked the fit to the upright and that wheel bearing/hub assembly with speed sensor will bolt into the Lotus Type 111 upright. Once someone's got it in had, they could check the splines for the drive shaft and tell us what the 5-bolt pattern is...that is, tell us what the BCD is.

The drive shaft spline looked the same...but until you actually try and fit it, you don't know for sure.

This is a great starting point!

Is anybody moving on this? Anybody have plans to try this out?

·
Registered
591 Posts
there was a guy that just recently put up a thread on this, with picures. to my understanding though he reused the oem rotors once he redrilled them appropriately for 5x114.3.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What difference does it make what model of car it is made for?
The part number that you posted came up as wheel baring not a hub. Without knowing make and model how can you buy the part. Wheel baring in this case not going to do much good.

there was a guy that just recently put up a thread on this, with picures. to my understanding though he reused the oem rotors once he redrilled them appropriately for 5x114.3.
Not sure if its the same ones i have recently seen for sale. (pic attached) $500 for 5 hubs. this conversion had couple major issues. It looked like larger diameter plate was added to stock hub with a 5x114 bolt pattern. Extra plate changes offset, brake disks will no longer fit (besides drilling new pattern holes) Bigger issue is the wheel has no longer flange to sit on, it will be supported only by studs. Hope nobody bought these.

Ill take one for team. I have ordered Opel Astra hub. Its taking forever to get it , but as soon as it comes in, will post updates. Will try Astra first , it comes with studs and its only $55.

Attachments

·
Banned
3,229 Posts
The part number that you posted came up as wheel baring not a hub. Without knowing make and model how can you buy the part. Wheel baring in this case not going to do much good.
That is correct! It is a wheel bearing with bearing carrier, speed sensor and hub. How did you find out that P/N was a "wheel bearing" without knowing make and model? :facepalm You just order the P/N. Well, it doesn't look like this case now does it... :facepalm

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That is correct! It is a wheel bearing with bearing carrier, speed sensor and hub. How did you find out that P/N was a "wheel bearing" without knowing make and model? :facepalm You just order the P/N. Well, it doesn't look like this case now does it... :facepalm

P/N BAR-0050 AC/VK108 is a baring. NOT hub assembly. It is used in a number of GM hubs.
How does ordering a new baring will help in this case :shrug:

Bearing bar-0050 ac/vk108 skf

·
Banned
3,229 Posts
P/N BAR-0050 AC/VK108 is a baring. NOT hub assembly. It is used in a number of GM hubs.
How does ordering a new baring will help in this case :shrug:

Bearing bar-0050 ac/vk108 skf
:facepalm Wait! Let me guess... you found that (mis)information on the internet! :facepalm Abraham Lincoln once said, "It is better to remain quiet be be thought a fool, than it is open one's mouth and remove all doubt."

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
:facepalm Wait! Let me guess... you found that (mis)information on the internet! :facepalm Abraham Lincoln once said, "It is better to remain quiet be be thought a fool, than it is open one's mouth and remove all doubt."

Benjamin Franklin once said "Being ignorant is not so much a shame, as being unwilling to learn".

If you such a genius, can you tell me year, make and model for that hub. You could even use google for all its worth.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts