The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about using this on my Exige. What do you all think... worth the effort or just plain BS. I did use a similar product on my Jetta about 8 years ago. I thought it might have made a difference but wanted to get some opinion. :cool:

Never Wax Your Car Again! - 5 Star Shine

·
Registered
278 Posts
I use Xzilon.. Awesome :bow:

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
B.S.
I worked at a car dealer for 4 days. They had about $32 into this stuff (including paying the illegal to slap in on- they could do a suburban in 15 minutes- and did since they were paid by the car) and they charged $2K for it. Oh yeah they also put green valve caps on the tires and said they put nitrogen in included with the service.

Get some Zaino.

These scams have been around since your grandfather was buying cars and there is still a new one every year.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Get some Zaino.
Or, save your money and a lot of effort and get RejeX from an aircraft supplier (like Aircraft Spruce Rejex Soil Barrier & Stain Protector from Aircraft Spruce). Produces the most reflective, deepest shine and sheds all the atmospheric and weather and animal/bug stuff effortlessly. Lasts about six months. Even works (somewhat like Rain-X) on glass. Takes about 15 minutes to do the entire car.

The last line in their description caught me: "Excellent for use on race cars to eliminate rubber build-up on quarter panels." RejeX has a very high index of refraction, so it produces a glass-like reflective surface that is also unbelievably easy to clean. On my STi car, it produces a finish that is as good as any show-car finish I've ever seen. Earns me ribbons at concours. Oh yeah, did I say it makes the car super easy to keep clean and show-worthy? :p

And think of the looks you'll get when people ask, "What do you use to keep your car looking so shiny?" and you answer, "I use RejeX." :D

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts