The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I saw the Elise two weeks ago and the local car show and loved it. Ferrari of hawaii will be selling it here in Hawaii They quoted me a price of about $50 k. Thats 10K more then what I see in this thread. Am I being taken to the cleaners? Has anybody seen this pricetag for a Elise. Or can anybody recommend a dealer on the mainland where I could get the car and ship it myself (when it will be available)?

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Was in a race trim Elise (the race car version with roll bar and fire extiguisher)? If it was in the showroom, and for sale now, it probably was. It's typical for a race trim elise to go for somewhere in the upper 50's.

·
Registered
687 Posts
While the projected price is $38,500, I don't think there's an official price, yet. Bentley Silicon Valley here in the San Francisco area (formerly known as Ferrari of Los Gatos, but may still be listed as such) will guarantee MSRP with a deposit. There are several dealers here in California listed on Lotus' site that you can contact, versus the single one in Hawaii:
http://www.lotuscars.com/dealers/Calif.htm

--
Dan

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No we are are talking the 2005 federal Elise

BrianK said:
Was in a race trim Elise (the race car version with roll bar and fire extiguisher)? If it was in the showroom, and for sale now, it probably was. It's typical for a race trim elise to go for somewhere in the upper 50's.
They had a blue metallic Prototype and Promised delivery at the end of 2003 with a downpayment ....

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Re: No we are are talking the 2005 federal Elise

matt said:
They had a blue metallic Prototype and Promised delivery at the end of 2003 with a downpayment ....
It can be said with 99.9% certainty that the federal Elise will not be in the states by the end of 2003. Maybe they are talking about a Sun Elise (Honda powered with safety "enhancements" by Sun International) - those are going for around $50K (and I wouldn't get one if I were you).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts