·
Registered
1,964 Posts
why are you planning on selling?

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tell us more! How many sets of tires and of which variety? Any mechanical issues worth noting?
Good questions! Let's see what I've replaced...

3 sets (I think) of AD07 tires
1 driver headlight
4 passenger headlights
1 steering rack (turned out not to be the cause of the thunking problem that still exists)
1 front clam (ugh)
1 fuse cover
1 NACA duct

The windshield wiper motor is on it's way out, at least it sounds that way. All in all it's been absolutely reliable and the most fun I've ever had. I can't see ever owning another car, unless it's a Lambo. Fortunately I have a friend who sells them ;)

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Forgot:

4 shocks
1 front rotor

·
Registered
284 Posts
What year is your car? Any problems? I am not driving the car a lot right now, but as soon as I sell my Miata, I will probably start driving this car a lot more.

·
Puff Daddy
3,872 Posts
Good questions! Let's see what I've replaced...

3 sets (I think) of AD07 tires
1 driver headlight
4 passenger headlights
1 steering rack (turned out not to be the cause of the thunking problem that still exists)
1 front clam (ugh)
1 fuse cover
1 NACA duct

The windshield wiper motor is on it's way out, at least it sounds that way. All in all it's been absolutely reliable and the most fun I've ever had. I can't see ever owning another car, unless it's a Lambo. Fortunately I have a friend who sells them ;)
Whoa whoa whoa...

Why are you replacing headlights? Do you mean the housing or just the bulb itself?

My passenger side housing decided it didn't like it's mounting points and popped out. I just assumed it did that because I over-torqued the bolts when installing it last time... maybe it's a design flaw? My car is up on jack stands right now while I figure out a creative way to repair it.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Whoa whoa whoa...

Why are you replacing headlights? Do you mean the housing or just the bulb itself?

My passenger side housing decided it didn't like it's mounting points and popped out. I just assumed it did that because I over-torqued the bolts when installing it last time... maybe it's a design flaw? My car is up on jack stands right now while I figure out a creative way to repair it.
Just the lamps. It would appear the passenger side is a bit electrically challenged. I lost a bolt somehow out of the top of the passenger housing but the two below seem to be keeping it in well enough.

·
Puff Daddy
3,872 Posts
Just the lamps. It would appear the passenger side is a bit electrically challenged. I lost a bolt somehow out of the top of the passenger housing but the two below seem to be keeping it in well enough.
Dang... ok I guess it was my fault then.

Thanks for the clarification.

Just FYI I was on some bumpy roads and the light cover literally ripped away from the little plastic tabs that mount it to the clamshell :(

·
Registered
912 Posts
1 rotor huh?

How many pads have you gone through?

·
Registered
256 Posts
You're looking at it all wrong. Just think of it as 50,000 miles of :shift: :nanner: :clap: :evil: :D:D:D:D

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Dang... ok I guess it was my fault then.

Thanks for the clarification.

Just FYI I was on some bumpy roads and the light cover literally ripped away from the little plastic tabs that mount it to the clamshell :(
Are you talking about the turn signal or the headlamp cover? My driver's side turn signal clip broke and it's being kept on with some tape. I plan to try to make a mod I saw on Sands to make a more permanent fix.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm not sure how you drive, but how is the motor working? Still as strong as ever? Any maintenance done on the motor/related items thus far?
No motor problems whatsoever, and it's as strong as the day I got it. Or, at least as strong as after the first 1000 miles when I couldn't use the 2nd cam :)

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Good for you Paul. I'm almost at 4 years and 20k miles. I'll have to post my list another day.
I'll start it for you

Driver's side turn signal
Driver's side grill-ette

:)

·
Puff Daddy
3,872 Posts
Are you talking about the turn signal or the headlamp cover? My driver's side turn signal clip broke and it's being kept on with some tape. I plan to try to make a mod I saw on Sands to make a more permanent fix.
Headlamp cover. I got home last Wednesday night to find it cocked to one side :( There is barely any material there for the nut plate to hold onto and it just broke... I've had my headlamp covers on and off a lot more often then other owners though.

When installing the turn signal lights make sure you push them in all the way. It takes a good amount of force until you hear the *click* when they latch in. If they weren't installed all the way they'll be under a lot of tension which can cause them to break.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Your steering clunking is highly likely related to your steering system u-joints which are a relatively cheap fix.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts