The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a used forcefed 275 turbo kit for my Elise. I want to make sure everything is setup correctly. Does anyone have the install in PDF form? Willing to PayPal the first person who sends it to me $50. [email protected]

·
Registered
86 Posts
I don't have it but I remember finding it during my install , search on Google about the lotus Elise forced fed coolant routing. One of the posts on lotus talk had it . Feel free to ask any questions about the install

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried doing some googling with no luck. I am mostly trying to figure out the wiring and the coolant hoses.

-I know the coolant hoses are supposed to go somewhere in the firewall, but I could not see where exactly that is.

-As for the wiring, I bought new plugs for the fuel injectors etc, but I'm not sure what else needs to wired to work with the new ECU etc.
- the kit I bought came with what looks like an OEM harness with a bunch of stuff modified. It is in rough shape so I would rather just keep my oem wiring harness and modify whatever needs.
- What extra stuff do I need to do to the wiring harness to make the system work?
- It came with the ecu (It is two blue modules), there is Velcro on them, where do they mount?
- It came with a relay. I am assuming that is for the intercooler fan. How is that supposed to be wired? What triggers the fan to turn on?

Any pictures of really anything listed above would be SUPER helpful. I am currently just going off of what pictures I can scrape together from google. (Very Few)

Thanks Dan!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Anytime my friend,

Did you get this kit from wirewheel?

I did for mine .

As far as the wiring , I'd modify as little as possible , I'm blanking on where I've seen em but there's a store that makes adapters for almost every fuel injector type that makes all of them plug and play.

As for the fan on the intercooler I didn't run it , at some point I might , but if you decide to I have used the power wire from the MAF sensor and spliced a wire from there for a switched power source .

As for the coolant loop . I was advised to take it from directly below the throttle body, theres a loop that goes through there to help prevent it freezing. And if you don't live somewhere super cold that's a great place to take it from .

Oh and for the piggyback ecu it can be mounted pretty much anywhere there's space and away from significant heat , so if you can fit it by the firewall like where the original airbox was that's a good place.

I went a completely different route for a lot of it . If you want any suggestions I have a ton.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for the input Dan! Yes, I DID in fact buy it from Wire Wheel. I love that shop. They are the best. Since I bought it I have been trying to piece together all of the parts I need etc to hook this bad boy up. Did you end up running a piggyback or getting the ECU tuned? I am assuming that the engine will not really properly run without a tune. The kit came with a DRS EFI. Wondering If I should hook it up or skip it altogether.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have had some great experiences with them too, though ups (I think it was ) that delivered the package messed up a few pieces.....

I definitely went a different route .

I used a greddy emanage ultimate , bought the plug and play loom from monkey wrench racing.
Got the pressure sensor and the a/f sensor attachment all so I can pass emissions . I actually have an extra emanage and vmanage if you need one. It worked well enough. And I'm keeping mine just so I can switch back and make it through emissions . I'm currently running the EP tuning standalone and for my purposes it's working great.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts