The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I'm swapping out my rears and decided I'm putting the matching set on the front. The fronts have 5k miles on them.

My questions is....is it worth it to sell them?? Would anyone buy them??

·
Registered
491 Posts
Would depend on remaining tread depth and age of tire.As an aside, the P Zero Corsa tires have a treadware rating of 60, nearly akin to race slicks, so low wear/mileage is apprpriate. When mine go, will replace with tire having higher treadware rating (Continental DW?) for greater mileage, knowing I give up some maximum adhesion/performance. Tradeoff good for me.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
^What he said. Much better options. Do some research thru Consumer Reports or Tire Rack videos on You Tube.

·
Registered
632 Posts
I know the OP didn't ask, but it seems like the de facto choice people have been going with for street tire replacements for the P Zero Corsas are the Michelin Pilot Super Sports. I don't think i've heard of a single negative comment on the PSSs, and they are noticeably cheaper per tire than the PZero line. I will be getting them as soon as my OEM Corsas need replacement.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I know the OP didn't ask, but it seems like the de facto choice people have been going with for street tire replacements for the P Zero Corsas are the Michelin Pilot Super Sports. I don't think i've heard of a single negative comment on the PSSs, and they are noticeably cheaper per tire than the PZero line. I will be getting them as soon as my OEM Corsas need replacement.
I got 9,000 miles out of the original rear P Zeros and replaced them with PSS. Just replaced them again after getting 16,000 miles out of them.

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
Yes, I replaced my Corsas with MPSS's. I don't think the latter are quite as grippy, but they're very good. I've got ~2K miles on them and I'm happy with them so far.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Yes, I replaced my Corsas with MPSS's. I don't think the latter are quite as grippy, but they're very good. I've got ~2K miles on them and I'm happy with them so far.
+1

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I should have specified. I'm replacing with Continental Extreme DWS's all round. I'm just wondering if you think anyone would want to buy my two front P Zeros with 5k on them...??

·
Registered
795 Posts
My PZero fronts lasted me 25,000 miles. And I'm continuing to stay with PZero (non-corsas). I might have considered taking them off your hands, if they had been available at the time.

The only people that would buy them are those that have reached the end of life on their fronts. But the bigger question is, how many Evora owners are there that have 25,000 miles on their car and still using PZeros. I suspect that the offering price will be comensurate with supply (i.e. big) and demand (i.e. small).

·
Registered
107 Posts
I should have specified. I'm replacing with Continental Extreme DWS's all round. I'm just wondering if you think anyone would want to buy my two front P Zeros with 5k on them...??
I have 5k on my P-Zero Corsa's and they have a considerable amount of tread left. I have a set of Conti Extreme Contact DW's on my vette and was never happier. I have a spare set of Corsa's which will go on my Evora when these are shot just because I have them, otherwise I would go with the DW's.

·
Illegal Alien
5,259 Posts
Read elsewhere in this forum regarding DWS' s on Evora; seems that sidewalks are too flexible.

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Read elsewhere in this forum regarding DWS' s on Evora; seems that sidewalks are too flexible.
Yeah I saw that. However, if I'm not tracking the car or auto crossing it, just occassional spirited canyon runs, I should be ok....right?!

·
Registered
7,242 Posts
7000 still plenty left (right I don't push her much)

Love the Corsas ride, really surprised me.

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cont. Xtreme Tires great!

I've been running on the Continental Extreme DWS's for a few days now. They feel great! Just as they did on my C63 AMG.

Soooooo....I have two Pirelli P-Zeros (fronts) with ~5100 miles on them if anyone is interested in purchasing.

PM me with offer if interested.

·
Registered
491 Posts
noise difference

I've been running on the Continental Extreme DWS's for a few days now. They feel great! Just as they did on my C63 AMG.

Soooooo....I have two Pirelli P-Zeros (fronts) with ~5100 miles on them if anyone is interested in purchasing.

PM me with offer if interested.
Wonder if you notice any difference in road noise DWS vs Corsa? Corsa's to me are loud on many of the surfaces..........

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I haven't really heard a difference. I'll try to see if there is though.

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Bump for my tires :)

·
Registered
390 Posts
You keep on saying they have 5000 miles on them, they could be worn out!

ow much tread is left? 1/16" or mm...

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You keep on saying they have 5000 miles on them, they could be worn out!

ow much tread is left? 1/16" or mm...
Here's a couple shots of them.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Seen with a Quarter. Not sure exactly how much tread is left but you can tell in the pics.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 40 Posts