The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Date: Saturday August 16th, 2008
Time:Show Cars - 8:30 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. / Public 10:00 a.m.
Rain Date: Sunday August 17th, 2008

Web Link Northeast Exotic Car Show Web Site
Proceeds to NH Make-a-Wish Foundation

Attachments

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Wow, looks like some fun.

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
How does this work? Can you show up and register on-site? How much does it cost and who do you pay? I've never done anything like this before so I don't know any of this stuff.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
How does this work? Can you show up and register on-site? How much does it cost and who do you pay? I've never done anything like this before so I don't know any of this stuff.
You can just show up...or you can go to Northeast Exotic Car Show Web Site and print out the registration form. Fill it out and bring it with you. I will greet you at the registration table, the fee for show cars is $20.00. That is considered your donation on the day, to the New Hampshire Make-A-Wish Foundation.

Then we will direct you to park your car with the other 20-30 Lotus attending.

After that you fill in your dash plaque, dust off your car from the drive, and enjoy your day.

Check out the cars and talk to owners
Tour the factory ... Budweiser will give you 2 beers at the end of the tour
Stables open - check out horses
Vote
Eat lunch
Listen to music / WBCN
Awards presentation
Wrap things up around 3 pm

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
You can just show up...or you can go to Northeast Exotic Car Show Web Site and print out the registration form. Fill it out and bring it with you. I will greet you at the registration table, the fee for show cars is $20.00. That is considered your donation on the day, to the New Hampshire Make-A-Wish Foundation.

Then we will direct you to park your car with the other 20-30 Lotus attending.

After that you fill in your dash plaque, dust off your car from the drive, and enjoy your day.

Check out the cars and talk to owners
Tour the factory ... Budweiser will give you 2 beers at the end of the tour
Stables open - check out horses
Vote
Eat lunch
Listen to music / WBCN
Awards presentation
Wrap things up around 3 pm

Sounds pretty easy! I haven't been to the AB brewery in years, so this sounds like a good opportunity to check it out again.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Details for caravan (rendezvous point):

The Burlington Mall
75 Middlesex Turnpike, Burlington, MA
The Crate & Barrel parking lot (you can't miss it, beautiful new front lot, facing Middlesex Turnpike)

Saturday August 16th, 2008
7:30 AM gathering time
8:00 AM departure

Anticipating 8:30 AM - 8:45 AM arrival (given the expected slow drive)

See you there,
Will

So we know who to expect...

1. Lotus Man
2. Prova85
3. karc
4. TCM - we'll be expecting your loud exhaust joining us from the breakdown lane somewhere en route - once again

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
I plan on meeting up beforehand, and headng to the show. I guess I have to give my car a proper scrubbing today, inside and out. Let's pray for no rain!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Guys, I may have to miss this one. One of my cats was rattling a couple of week ago, and now after firing up now, they both are. It sounds like marbles rattling in cans, everytime I rev between 1k-2k rpm. I have no excuse but to with Hyper Flows now.

The caravan is still on for those who would like to attend this year (please drive safely). Please post stories and pictures. Sorry for bowing out at the 11th hours, but I've just heard of horror stories of the cats destroying themselves on turbo cars, overheating from clogging flow path.

I'm headed to Michael's Motorsports to take care of the cats this morning, if anyone's in the neighborhood to grab a donut.

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Great turnout today, and it only downpoured for 2 hours, which was nice considering the current weather patterns. It was nice to meet some new people, too. For the record, I only heard "That's a chick car." once, but it was early on in the day, way before noon.

BTW, how about that Ferrari 365 GT4/bb and the Panoz? :drool:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello and pics from show

Hey guys,

I'm Anthony the guys with the MR2 who showed up for the caravan. Just wanted to say it was nice meeting you two with the Elise, I can't remember your names for sure though.... I think it was Mike and Hero/Hiro??? Also the caravan was a first for me and definitely very nice :D

The show was definitely a good turnout. I took lots of pictures with my camera phone and wanted to share them with you guys as well.

Direct Link to album
Xxmidnight_ravenxX/Northeast Exotic Car Show - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Slideshow of album
Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hey Guys!!!

This is Devi (the chic who drives the Krypton Green Exige S). It was great meeting everybody yesterday. Some awesome people (and cars)
First time I ever saw a Maserati and an Isseta...
Cardinal and I forgot the name of the Asian guy: Both your exhausts kick ass! :up:

Hope everybody made it back safe. My ride back home was yucky but at the same time exiting in a strange kind of way :p . The A048s were horrible in the water. I was pushing it at 60 mph. It bites to see every car on the highway passing you in the rain...

Hope to see everyone soon again! Untill then happy driving :shift:

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Looks like a great time! Rain sucks though! :(

Please change the description on this pic to Lotus Esprit in your album. :D

Actually...each of your Esprit pics got the wrong description, just FYI. :D

·
Registered
30 Posts
Great turnout today, and it only downpoured for 2 hours, which was nice considering the current weather patterns. It was nice to meet some new people, too. For the record, I only heard "That's a chick car." once, but it was early on in the day, way before noon.

BTW, how about that Ferrari 365 GT4/bb and the Panoz? :drool:

You should've screamed your exhaust right into the ears of the person who called it a chick car.
Shame on him/her - whoever it was. Obviously they have no clue.

er... did I already say that your exhaust kicks ass ?!? :D

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
You should've screamed your exhaust right into the ears of the person who called it a chick car.
Shame on him/her - whoever it was. Obviously they have no clue.

er... did I already say that your exhaust kicks ass ?!? :D
Yeah he was about 65 or so, and was trying to be a tough guy in front of his wife. The funny thing is that he didn't know that was my car, because I had just come back from the Synaptic3 booth, and was just walking on the concrete path. Oh I forgot his other quote, which was also a beauty: "Lotus? I didn't know they still made those." rotfl

Thanks for your kind words, and for the record, I told Gene (the guy with the red Elise) that your car was in line for a trophy. I thought they handed out 3 in each class, and I chose the yellow Esprit, the grey Europa, and your car, in no particular order. :)

And wow, that yellow Esprit was unreal.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Who got best of show? I was having lunch under a tent when the Corvette ;-) guys were passing out the Trophies.

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts