The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Howdy folks! I can't believe it's already been 6 months of constant lurking on the forums. I am officially in the used market to buy an Elise - woohoo! I know I have a long journey ahead of me. I live in Northwest Arkansas (Walmart Land) and there is not a dealership in sight.

My Story: In October of 2007, I vacationed in Europe. Midway through my vacation, we stopped in Amsterdam. And that was when it happened. I was casually walking through the streets, and I saw a green elise parallel parked. I had no idea what kind of car it was, but I stood there for 2 minutes in absolute amazement. The rest of my vacation didn't matter anymore. I wanted to go home asap, hop on a computer with full internet access without being charged 3 dollars a minute, and learn more about the car.

Anyways, I just wanted to introduce myself to the community and keep you guys updated on my progress.

**Local Request** My relationship up close and personal with a Lotus Elise totals about 5 minutes tops. Really sad. Is there anyone in the Northwest Arkansas area that can properly introduce me to the car? I would be so thankful to have an opportunity to sit in one and make absolute sure this is the car for me.

Edit: I forgot to mention, I visit Houston and Dallas at least 3 times a year to visit the family. Anyone living in the those 2 cities interested in mentoring an aspiring Lotus owner?

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Great story! Welcome. :wave:

For years I loved the Elise and the concept behind it. Finally, my chance street encounter with an Elise led to my ownership of a new one.

Hope to hear from you more.

·
Failed at Self Control
653 Posts
Howdy! :wave:

I've been in and out of Bentonville ...but not with the Lotus. :(

Stay focused ...something will come along.

- z

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
So what else did you do in Amsterdam? nevermind we know. Dont worry about not being close to a dealership, the federal elise is pretty flawless, mine has been for 36K mls. and no real issues. If you can change your own oil and do a little minor wrenching you'll love it. + the great roads of the ozarks

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
WELCOME ABOARD!:D

I had initially ordered my car once I read the original Autoweek article that announced the FED car was coming to the USA. It was a number of months before I ever got to even sit in one. I finally got the chance to sit in a FED Elise at the Lake Tahoe Lotus Club meet in early summer 04. I was able to test drive one in downtown San Francisco:huh: a few months later. I think I was by far more excited the day my car was delivered than any other car purchase I have ever made.
The car is an absolute joy to experience. It is like no other.
If you happen to come out to the SF Bay Area you can sit in and drive mine!! :up:

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
Welcome!

I hadn't been paying attention to the car mags for a few years when I saw an Elise on the streets and I was 75% sold. The test drive sealed the deal.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

407Driver, Amsterdam was a blast. Funny story. My brother and I got into the city around 8AM and we stayed at this crunk hostel called the Bulldog. We spent the first day walking all over the city, all the while, we kept wondering where this infamous Red Light District was. We finally got back to our hostel as the sun was going down, and right before we entered the front door, I look directly across the street and saw red lights. WTH?! Turns out, our hostel was located INSIDE the Red Light District! (Contrary to what most believe, we didn't indulge in anything. We both hold MD's, and we've seen enough sh*t to scare us abstinent for another decade or so.)

Chris, Cody - I'm still single, and the immediate family is taking the news with a big ass smile. For them, it's like a lesser of two evils, because I've been dancing around getting a motorcycle for a long time. They would much rather see me in an Elise, haha.

Perryeyges, if no one in my area steps up, I'll take you up on your offer and see you at the airport this summer! Oh, I forgot to mention. I visit Houston and Dallas at least 3 times a year to visit the family. Anyone living in the those 2 cities interested in mentoring an aspiring Lotus owner? :bow:

·
shay2nak
24,974 Posts
wus crackin, son!

good luck wit da lotus.

i'd help you out if i lived in the area.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts