The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Very nice, love the wheels just can't believe it takes so long to get a set.
Where did you order them from. Looking into the 9.5 rears

·
Registered
131 Posts
Ditto--would love to order a set; any details appreciated. Is that 17" front & rear?

Looking like hot sex,
K

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Evasive Motorsports - I got the sizes of the special edition Lotus deal. Tires 205/50/16 and 235/45/17

·
Absolute power does what?
3,201 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Lotus Elise
158 Posts
Do you have any pictures from an angle? I'm curious to see how much they much they fill in the wheel well with those tire sizes.

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,600 Posts
alejo,
I ordered a set of these in black and Rays Japan said they wouldn't clear my BBK (AP Racing 4-wheel kit that Sector 111 and Stillen sell). I'd love to prove they do or do not clear my brakes. Any chance you'd be willing to satisfy my curiousity? I'm in Los Alamitos but would be happy to meet you at a place of your choosing. PM me if interested. Thanks.

San

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
San - I'm in Thousand Oaks - you're welcome to visit anytime.

The setup has left the car about 1 inch too high - not sure why but I'll be getting some coilovers soon to fix it.

I wasn't sure about the wheels because of the clashing colors with my car but the wheels are really stunning. I've owned 37s and 28s before but these SLs are very good looking.

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,600 Posts
San - I'm in Thousand Oaks - you're welcome to visit anytime.

The setup has left the car about 1 inch too high - not sure why but I'll be getting some coilovers soon to fix it.

I wasn't sure about the wheels because of the clashing colors with my car but the wheels are really stunning. I've owned 37s and 28s before but these SLs are very good looking.
Any reason you didn't opt for black?

San

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
San - I've wanted the original SL scheme I've been seeing on other sports cars for years.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
interested in more pictures please, particularly from a more frontward quarter shot

·
Registered
831 Posts
Agreed- what are the details on getting a set of these? Evasive doesn't list a Lotus fitment.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm going to install the proper rubber (I got sizes that are add about an inch in diameter from stock setup by accident) and then I'll share the pics later this week. Sizes are exactly the same as the brochure above (the non-wide version).

For those who don't know: these are both stronger and lighter than stock wheels.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts