The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new around here. I'm thinking about looking for a slightly used Exige S, the problem is that I'm 6'5", would I fit?

Thanks.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Depends on how wide you are. If you aren't very wide and are able to fit all the way into the seat then you have a chance to fit into the car. If you are pretty wide then probably not. Why not just try and see? Do make sure someone gets a video of you getting in and out and post back here. :)

Where are you located?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I'm not skinny, but not fat either. We have a dealer here (San Antonio) so I can go by and see how I fit. Not gonna video it though!

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'm 6'4" and once I get in, I have plenty of room. You might have issue of being too tall for the seatback and your head hitting the rollbar. Visit the dealer - thats what I did and then was sold on getting one!

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I just installed a custom big guys seat in my Elise. You're welcome to try it. I'm out by Sea World. There is always a trade off between leg room and headroom. I am 6'1" and on the big side. I have a longer torso compared to my legs. I used to hit my head with a helmet on when my soft top was on. With my new seat, I have an inch clearance to the hardtop with my helmet. I probably picked up 2 inches. If you sit in a car at Gonzaba, just remember that you can modify it for about $500 so that you can fit with an aftermarket seat.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
A number of threads on this, but in general it just comes down to trying one out to see.

In my case, I am 6' 6" and currently at 260 lbs. I have a 38" waist. I fit in mine well, have absolutely no problem getting in and out (top on and top off), and drive it pretty much everyday. Today I just got back from a 300 mile trip (weekend away with my wife) and was comfortable the entire trip. I have had my Elise for 3 years and driven it about 20k miles so far. I found the 2006 and later models to fit me better and this was because of the redesigned pedal box.

·
Modern Day Hippie
3,839 Posts
Just depends on your torso to leg ratio. My bf is 6'6 and drives just fine. I'm 5'2 and it seems our torsos are pretty similar in length.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have seen some large people in the Lotus - like 6'5" and almost 300 pounds. My bigger concern would be the size of your feet. I am a size 11 and I cannot work the pedals with about half of my shoes.
When I drive my Elise I use my driving shoes because my normal shoes are too wide. My suggestion it to make sure your feet fit - if so, you will love the car.:nanner:

·
Registered
274 Posts
i am 6'2" and weigh 240. on two different occassions i have tried to get in and out of an Elise, and find it nearly impossible. cant get my legs in or out is the problem.

yesterday i got into one with the top off and didnt really have much of a problem. and then when the owner put the top on i had more headroom than i thought i would. its even odd that the last time i sat in one with the soft top on my head hit the roof, and i felt like a sardine. but not in this one. anyway, at this point i was encouraged.

now comes the bad news.....with the soft top on i couldnt get out, and i couldnt get in. 2nd time thats happened. i didnt want to keep trying because its my understanding you are not supposed to use the steering wheel, windshield, or top for leverage. i was afraid i was going to grab/yank/jerk, etc, on something and break or tear something up.

i guess you just need to go over to your dealer and ask him to help you.

Mike

·
Registered
10 Posts
A number of threads on this, but in general it just comes down to trying one out to see.

In my case, I am 6' 6" and currently at 260 lbs. I have a 38" waist. I fit in mine well, have absolutely no problem getting in and out (top on and top off), and drive it pretty much everyday. Today I just got back from a 300 mile trip (weekend away with my wife) and was comfortable the entire trip. I have had my Elise for 3 years and driven it about 20k miles so far. I found the 2006 and later models to fit me better and this was because of the redesigned pedal box.
This is encouraging. I didn't fit well in an exige I tried out a couple of weeks ago, and I'm only 6'3, but if you can do it I must be able to! Also, your avatar picture makes you look like a giant.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts