The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
To all interested:

Lehigh Valley Grand Prix is having a special even tomorrow (July 6), with a car show and discounted racing (5 races for 50 bucks i believe). I've contacted them for details, but anyone thats interested let me know. I'll probably head over.

Phil.

Lehigh Valley Grand Prix - Are You Ready?

Lehigh Valley Grand Prix & The Morning Call
Race Dayz 4th of July Summer Speed Show
July 6th, 2008
11am-7pm, Lehigh Valley Grand Prix
649 S. 10th Street, Allentown, PA 18103

• Weekend begins July 4th and runs through July 5th and 6th. Speed show will be held Sunday from 11am-7pm (vendors and show cars can arrive as early as 10am) with a rain date of Sunday July 13th. Speed show will have categories of best modified, best street car, and best motorcycle (awards given for each winner).

• Weekend will include a barbeque, race specials (5 races for $50), speed show, car wash, and a feature race at the end of the evening (top 10 times of the day will compete).

• Vendors from throughout the Lehigh Valley will be in attendance to promote their businesses. Vendors may either have a table/booth set up or walk around and promote themselves throughout the large crowd we are expecting. The Metro Mix Street Team will also be there handing out merchandise to the crowds and taking pictures for metromix.com.

• There is NO FEE to attend. LVGP will be advertising this event in The Morning Call, themorningcall.com, and metromix.com.

• To all vendors setting up a booth or display, and to anyone registering an automobile: A CERTIFICATE OF INSURANCE MUST BE SUBMITTED LISTING LEHIGH VALLEY GRAND PRIX AND ALLENTOWN ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION AS ADDITIONAL INSUREDS. This excludes modified, track-only (non street legal) vehicles that do not carry insurance. LVGP and The Morning Call are not liable for damages. We recommend you stay with your vehicle at all times during the show.

Check out Lehigh Valley Events and Things to Do | Metromix Lehigh Valley and Lehigh Valley Grand Prix - Are You Ready?
If you have any questions, please contact Lou Mims at 610-715-2235.

p.s. the metromix/pulse girls are HOTTTTTT! :evil:

I'll probably get there around 10 AM, and depending on how many guys want to go i'll see if i can block off a couple spots for Lotus'

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Hey. I'm interested. What time would it start up. Ill be there as long as no one talks about the F1 race I'm gonna tape. Also if it rains is it still on?

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
Aaarrgghh.... can't make it. :mad:

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1st post updated with more info.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
hoping to be there between 11 & noon

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Hey, I'll be leaving around 9:30 so I'll be there around 11am, so save me a spot. Looks like ran, but how do I know if it's canceled or not?

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey, I'll be leaving around 9:30 so I'll be there around 11am, so save me a spot. Looks like ran, but how do I know if it's canceled or not?
karting will be there all day!

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
great day today! i'll keep an eye on the local magazines for some shots of our elises! Thanks to Macdaddy (greg) and cornbeef (alan) for showing up! great racing for a great price. although next time i'm bringing my own blue flag since the track officials let us ride someones bumper all day without giving them one! LOL I shaved 2-3 secs off my lap times since the last LEO/PALS event!

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Z & Cornbeef, good seeing you guys. Had a good time, and saw some interesting cars.

Also, yeah they've gotta teach those officials down there how to wave flags. Are your ribs still intact?

I've gotta say, that is the most fun and technical track in the area. I like it more the GPNY by far. And the prices are better too.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
good catching up with you guys, it was fun. next time i need to commission that last cart i had for every race, definitely fastest (it was easily able to haul my ass up to speed, thank god that kid didn't have it) and it sounded like it had a stage 2 exhaust when i came off the gas:drool: which alone had to be worth like a second a lap. i still think the track staff need to rewatch their training video on flag use....

·
Registered
334 Posts
Damn, I wish I had seen this prior to the day happening. Grrr. I'm only about a half hour away and didn't do much that day because of the weather.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Z & Cornbeef, good seeing you guys. Had a good time, and saw some interesting cars.

Also, yeah they've gotta teach those officials down there how to wave flags. Are your ribs still intact?

I've gotta say, that is the most fun and technical track in the area. I like it more the GPNY by far. And the prices are better too.
lol im' sore as hell from that little sh*t punting me two times in one lap. At least i intimidated him enough that he left after that heat LOL :evil:

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
lol how about those dismal lap times in pic # 6!!! where were those guys when we were racing???? we would have been 1,2,3 in every heat with competition like that LOL. lol i see your SB in there!
i think that was a couple of heats after our last, we should have stayed longer (although my sides probably couldn't take it:D) maybe next time we should race against the kiddie carts, that should help

1 - 17 of 17 Posts