The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever heard of a JPS not being Black? A seller has a Bronze or Brown '73 for sale and the pics I have seen show the steering wheel with a JPS button in the middle of the wheel and it is a 4 speed. He said they came in either Black,White or Bronze. I know the Europas did come in different colors but not a JPS and especially with a 4 speed. the motor is the twin Cam but cant make out if it says Big Valve or not. Anyone having any info on this I would appreciate the info.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Has anyone ever heard of a JPS not being Black? A seller has a Bronze or Brown '73 for sale and the pics I have seen show the steering wheel with a JPS button in the middle of the wheel and it is a 4 speed. He said they came in either Black,White or Bronze. I know the Europas did come in different colors but not a JPS and especially with a 4 speed. the motor is the twin Cam but cant make out if it says Big Valve or not. Anyone having any info on this I would appreciate the info.
I believe all were black and gold, which were John Player the sponsor/company's colors. True JPS Europas should be numbered as well, I believe.

I know there are a lot of counterfeits around, but all of those I've seen/heard of were at least black.

·
Registered
109 Posts
was a Europa TCS owner.....

Only the black Twin Cam Specials were JPS cars. I had a white 74 TCS but it was not a JPS car. I believe the true JPS cars had a little round dash plaque that said this is XX of XXX cars. I think that over the years peolpe repainted the cars when a rstoration was done and to turn them into JPS cars. I am pretty sure that all the TCS also were pin striped in gold. I think the factory hasa list of what cars were TCS by serial number. Jerry of Europa Central would have the most info. Jerry is a great guy and is very helpful.

·
Premium Member
3,016 Posts
ALL JPS cars were black and gold, All were numbered with just a dash plague. All the original buyers got a JPS jacket, pair of ear rings...and serveral other items I cannot remember.

I used to have one...not the original buyer but the second.

All the rest of the colors were called "Twin Cam Specials" and also had the stripes...but they were not JPS cars.

That is the facts...Jack.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts