The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One month of great driving then car stalls. Restart and drive a block- car stalls. Drift off major road. Car will not start again. It felt like I was out of gas, but the gauge said 3/4 full. Walk to gas station and get a gallon. Car starts and then takes another 9 gallons.

For 10 minutes today people were giving me a much different kind of look. Nothing like a car you never saw before with it's flashers on.

happy motoring!!!

·
Registered
5,161 Posts
Sheesh, looks like I'm going to have to reset the trip odometer after each fill. There is a trip odometer, isn't there?

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
911, must be a faulty guage, mine's been pretty accurate and the light comes on when one bar is left. Float maybe stuck.

Chris

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I never place all my trust on the Fuel gauge, try learn your average range from a fill up and always reset your trip odometer at fill up so that you allways have a good idea of how far you can still safely go.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
ntfll,
I got in the habit of using the trip meter with motorcycles, you want to talk inaccurate gauges!!!
Chris

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Vantage-there is indeed a trip odometer. My gas gage works fine. It comes on with 1.4 gallons to go. I have a range of 40 highway miles after it pops on. I almost ran out last weekend in Virginia; the tank took on 9.8 gallons!!! That's on a 10 gallon tank.

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
My Gage works great...so does the low-fuel light. The tank is not large. Once you get used to the small capacity it would be hard for the same thing to happen as you'd have to drive hundreds of miles with the gage staying in the same place instead of progressing it's way down.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
911EATER said:
One month of great driving then car stalls. Restart and drive a block- car stalls. Drift off major road. Car will not start again. It felt like I was out of gas, but the gauge said 3/4 full. Walk to gas station and get a gallon. Car starts and then takes another 9 gallons.

For 10 minutes today people were giving me a much different kind of look. Nothing like a car you never saw before with it's flashers on.

happy motoring!!!
Sorry to hear about the broken gauge. At leat you learned the true capacity of the tank. Was it 10 gallons exactly? Thanks for sharing so the rest of us don't have to learn the hard way. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts