The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I had my "S" in for the 7500 mile service this week (Dimmitt Lotus). I almost hit the floor when I received the bill -- $760.00! I even brought my own oil, LOL. This included a brake flush as well. Granted, $75.00 of this was for fixing my stage II exhaust (had to be retightened), and put my diffuser back on properly (which I had screwed up a little when installing my exhaust). But really, nearly $700.00 for this? :huh::shrug: They did fix two oil leaks I had as well, under warranty (thank goodness).

Also, as I figured, they couldn't duplicate the cold start high rev issue that I'm having (as are so many others on here), and apparently Lotus is playing coy about it too. They told me not to shut it off next time it does this, to see if any codes are thrown (per Lotus), that way they can diagnose it further. I also have the latest software installed, per the Lotus tech. I guess I'm back to square one again...:rolleyes:

-Justyn

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Sorry you had to deal with Dimmitt - I was actually glad when my warranty expired! They screwed something up EVERYTIME my car was in for warranty work... I have a local shop take care of everything else for me on Mills called Fourniers Performance automotive and they have plenty of Lotus experience. Ask for Josh!
That sucks they charged that much.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry you had to deal with Dimmitt - I was actually glad when my warranty expired! They screwed something up EVERYTIME my car was in for warranty work... I have a local shop take care of everything else for me on Mills called Fourniers Performance automotive and they have plenty of Lotus experience. Ask for Josh!
That sucks they charged that much.
I will certainly check them out, thanks! Though their pricing is quite high, Dimmitt has always done a good job, however I haven't had to have any major repairs done at this point, just two service intervals. I believe the tech they have there now is much better as well. Wish I had other options though... :crazyeyes

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Just from experience steer clear of them when you can, Obviously you know you can do your own fluid changes as long as you keep receipts that the fluid changes were done at the factory recommended intervals. There are a few of us local Lotus owners that help each other out with stuff like oil changes,brake flushes, Installing new heads etc...

Here is an older post about Dimmitt and Fourniers!

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f111/fourniers-performance-orlando-great-shop-35499/

1 - 4 of 4 Posts