The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cited doing 94 in a 65 (29 over) in Forsyth County, GA.

I want to know...does $755 seem atrocious to you? Or is it about on par? I'm asking because the judge made a comment about my car that I found confusing. I'm thinking he may have raised the fine because he thought I had an expensive car and could afford it. I could definitely be wrong, though. Just seems a little high to me.

·
Registered
133 Posts
As far as I know for every mile you go over the speed limit the charge is 10 dollars (please correct me if I'm wrong) but that would totally suck if that was the case. That is a lot of money for a speeding ticket.

-Andre

·
Registered
693 Posts
Your getting boned.... but rightfully so. You play you pay.... litterally. Your lucky to still have your car and license. 94 in a 65 is "wreckless"

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
I lived in the Atlanta area until this time last year... and I know several guys who have come close to losing their licenses because of speeding. Georgia operates on a points system; 24 points and your license is gone. They easily could have hit you with reckless driving (4) and aggressive driving (6) on top of your 24-34 over (4).

Those points add up fast. Pay your bill and get a V1.

·
Registered
999 Posts
From the Georgia Department of Public Safety:

Tickets and Fines

Q: How much is my speeding ticket?

A: Fines for traffic citations issued by the Georgia State Patrol are set by the local courts. State Troopers do not set the fines and do not collect traffic fines. For the amount of the fine and information on how to answer the citation, contact the county court listed on the traffic citation.

I think the answer is -- stay out of Forsyth County!!!

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
I got a ticket for 89 in a 65. The ticket was around $395 (in Ventura, CA) I can't believe that yours is double that!

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Just curious--what exactly did the judge say?

Where I live, going 20 over the limit can get you jail time, loss of license, and very hefty fines. Needless to say, I haven't done any significant speeding lately. 700 bucks sounds bad, but could be worse.

·
Registered
7,088 Posts
Hmmmmm. $750 for a track weekend (Hotel, gas, track fees) sounds better and better.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
In some states you would've actually been arrested on the spot.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Cobb County, GA (I-285) 85 in a 55 was <$300.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Yikes, that must have stung. Good think they didn't impound it, up here it's a couple hundred a day and they like to keep it for as long as they can "delay" the paperwork.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Just curious--what exactly did the judge say?
+1

Around 1995 I was caught doing 155-ish in a 55. Only cost $100 bucks. :shrug: Looks like the proverbial pendulum has fully swung the other way.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Stay out of Gwinnett too.......my (2) tickets for 20 over were $1000 fine, probation with a monthly probation fee, and 100 hours of community service.......each ;)

After trading the Elise in (no tickets in the Elise) for an M Coupe, I got a ticket the second week for 30 over in Dekalb and the ticket was only $200.......

It really depends on the local police focus- real crime or revenue......

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Stay out of Gwinnett too.......my (2) tickets for 20 over were $1000 fine, probation with a monthly probation fee, and 100 hours of community service.......each ;)

After trading the Elise in (no tickets in the Elise) for an M Coupe, I got a ticket the second week for 30 over in Dekalb and the ticket was only $200.......

It really depends on the local police focus- real crime or revenue......

+100

Many police departments truly infuriate me.

1 - 20 of 111 Posts