The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
***** lurker
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
8/3/08 Cars & Coffee - Harford County, MD

This is something that a few of the F-chatters did a while back and sounds like it could be a nice way to have a quick informal get-together and a reason to have Starbucks :)

Sunday, August 3rd at 7:00PM at the Starbucks in Bel Air attached to the Barnes & Nobel near the Harford Mall. There's a pretty big parking lot that the group of stores there share and its relaly never anywhere near full so it would make a good place to park and chat. Hopefully I'll see some of you guys there!

The address for anyone needing to look up directions is 620 Marketplace Drive, Bel Air, MD 21014.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I'm sailing the Governor's Cup race this weekend and won't be back in time for this. I hope a drive can be planned soon.

BULL30: You've got to have that new ride pass the break in by now-poke-

·
Registered
476 Posts
I should be able to make it.

I heard there are a lot of great backroads to there. ::COUGH:: Grant ::COUGH:: -poke-

·
Registered
354 Posts
I'm sailing the Governor's Cup race this weekend and won't be back in time for this. I hope a drive can be planned soon.

BULL30: You've got to have that new ride pass the break in by now-poke-
Right now the interior is totally gutted... I finished installing the a/d/s speakers in the dash and hard wiring the radar detector... I'm waiting on the Class D 4 channel amp that fits UNDER the passenger seat (YES UNDER)... Let's see, the new head unit is installed with the backup camera and I am designing an 8" Isobaric-Bandpass enclosure that will fit nicely into the passenger footwell... The box will have killer bass but yet highly detailed sound unlike most subwoofer systems that sound one-noted with a lot of the 50hz boom...

The a/d/s/ speakers were a b$tch to fit in the dash, but they look great and sound even better... The rear speakers will be a/d/s/ midranges with NO tweeters... That way you get the rear fill with much better front staging... Too bad a/d/s/ is no longer in business... They were the best sounding speakers in the industry... Puts Focal or Dynaudio to shame... You can still find some stuff on eBay occassionaly new in boxes but it's getting harder and harder to find...

I'm also sound deadening the firewall between the passenger compartment and the engine...

I should have it all back together Friday evening... :shrug:

Believe it or not, I'm about to pass 3000 miles :shift:

·
***** lurker
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Right now the interior is totally gutted... I finished installing the a/d/s speakers in the dash and hard wiring the radar detector... I'm waiting on the Class D 4 channel amp that fits UNDER the passenger seat (YES UNDER)... Let's see, the new head unit is installed with the backup camera and I am designing an 8" Isobaric-Bandpass enclosure that will fit nicely into the passenger footwell... The box will have killer bass but yet highly detailed sound unlike most subwoofer systems that sound one-noted with a lot of the 50hz boom...

The a/d/s/ speakers were a b$tch to fit in the dash, but they look great and sound even better... The rear speakers will be a/d/s/ midranges with NO tweeters... That way you get the rear fill with much better front staging... Too bad a/d/s/ is no longer in business... They were the best sounding speakers in the industry... Puts Focal or Dynaudio to shame... You can still find some stuff on eBay occassionaly new in boxes but it's getting harder and harder to find...

I'm also sound deadening the firewall between the passenger compartment and the engine...

I should have it all back together Friday evening... :shrug:

Believe it or not, I'm about to pass 3000 miles :shift:
Bull, what are you planning to do with your stock speakers?

Also, can I get a ride sometime!!! I still haven't been in an S/C Exige or Elise

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
I might be up for a little drive Sunday night. I like the idea of these gatherings around 7pm. I'm not one to get to events that start at 9am on weekends...and the mid-day stuff is way too hot during the summer.

...and it might be fun to check out a Starbuck's. I've never been in one! Seriously. I'm not a coffee guy.

·
Registered
476 Posts
...and it might be fun to check out a Starbuck's. I've never been in one! Seriously. I'm not a coffee guy.
Blasphemy!

·
***** lurker
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I might be up for a little drive Sunday night. I like the idea of these gatherings around 7pm. I'm not one to get to events that start at 9am on weekends...and the mid-day stuff is way too hot during the summer.

i really don't enjoy the early early meets that much either and this time of year, i'd much rather wait until its a little cooler so its comfortable with the windows down instead of relying on AC that barely makes a dent in the humidity. on another note though, this isn't exactly the largest Starbucks i've ever been to, in fact, its actually smaller than most of the ones you see in airports, but still, its tasty and i love the fact that you can get your beverage of choice and either wander outside sit down and enjoy or head over into the book store and check out the latest issure of CAR or EVO

·
***** lurker
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
bump

Looks like a 0% chance of rain, mid 80's and low heat index tomorrow! Should be a beautiful evening for a drive and some coffee-talk.

·
***** lurker
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just got home from the C&C and we ad a pretty good turn out. I was actually pretty shocked. two '05 Lotus Elise, two '06 Lotus Exige, an '08 Lotus Exige S240, a Porsche 911, Porsche 928S and a Lamborghini Gallardo. I'll post a few pictures when I get a chance... basically just took a picture of each car and then got too sidetracked to take anymore (sorry). It was good to get out and meet everyone. Hopefully we can do this again sometime before the weather takes a more blustery turn.

'till next time!

·
***** lurker
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

http://inlinethumb33.webshots.com/14496/2982299570053612186S600x600Q85.jpg[/'img]
[img]http://inlinethumb56.webshots.com/29367/2297911480053612186S600x600Q85.jpg

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Thanks for the pictures. In my haste to get out of the house, I forgot my camera.

It was a nice night to get out and take a drive. Good to meet you Lotus guys too.

Let me know when the next activity is planned.

:clap:

Thanks to that gathering, I need to get a Stage 2 exhaust and maybe find some old stock / new ADS speakers.

·
***** lurker
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
It was a nice night to get out and take a drive. Good to meet you Lotus guys too.

Let me know when the next activity is planned.
One of the gents with the Porsches, the 911 I believe, had mentioned having a little get together and drive down to the Maryland Polo Club to see a match sometime. He said he'd post it up on F-Chat so I'll keep any eye out and post it here when something comes up. Otherwise, I think this would make a good once a month type of event. We'll have to find a different location next time though just to keep things fresh :)

At my local C&C(Oahu), I am the only Lotus driver!

:shift:
I'm not sure, but I think I'd rather be the only Lotus that shows up and live in Oahu :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts