The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am number #8 on the list at matheny . my car is ardent red with all 3 options packages( top. touring and sport)

my salesman just called and gave me an order number and said it would be built in september and not to expect it until late october or early november.

what the hell!!!!! if it is taking lotus 5 months to get 8 cars to a dealer they are WAAAYYYYY behind.

whats the deal????

george

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
All dealers have different allocations. Some are not very big.

Justa general statement, I don't know about Matheny.

Some dealers already have 6+ cars.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
MGW said:
i am number #8 on the list at matheny . my car is ardent red with all 3 options packages( top. touring and sport)

my salesman just called and gave me an order number and said it would be built in september and not to expect it until late october or early november.

what the hell!!!!! if it is taking lotus 5 months to get 8 cars to a dealer they are WAAAYYYYY behind.

whats the deal????

george

DOOMED

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
If this is a relatively small dealer, a delivery around end of October or beginning of November for car #8 sounds about right. Cars will be coming in very slowly until end of October.

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
I'm at one of the dealers with a "large" allocation, and I have no idea when my car will even be built... so be glad that you at least have that much going for you.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
MikeAR303 said:
I'm at one of the dealers with a "large" allocation, and I have no idea when my car will even be built... so be glad that you at least have that much going for you.
Mike, what dealer and what number?

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
Same here Mike, though my salesperson tries to guess to appease me. I have no idea what he uses to come up with an educated guess. Does he know the allocation? Is he trying to please me?

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
This whole thing is f#%ed up! When I placed my deposit at Matheny I was told to expect December, I was #58 at the time! now I'm #51 and now they tell me to expect second semester of 2006! Meanwhile Dimmitt got 6 cars since Friday and more before! I sure am happy I ended up bying one out of the list, this waiting is too tough! There should be a way to know allocations, Porsche dealers sell cars to customers based on firm allocations from the factory and Lotus dealers should be able to do the same.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
MGW said:

George, this probably isn't the right time to say this, but you should be both frustrated and yet relieved that your dealer is being honest and upfront with you. You have an order number and a build date, even though the dealer knew this timeframe isn't what you wanted to hear. I'm jealous.

I would bet that most people here (myself included) who think they are getting a car sooner are in for a shock when they find out the same details. Any dealer who can't back up a delivery date with an order number should be treated with suspicion.

·
Registered
758 Posts
NtflBlueLiz said:
This whole thing is f#%ed up! When I placed my deposit at Matheny I was told to expect December, I was #58 at the time! now I'm #51 and now they tell me to expect second semester of 2006! Meanwhile Dimmitt got 6 cars since Friday and more before! I sure am happy I ended up bying one out of the list, this waiting is too tough! There should be a way to know allocations, Porsche dealers sell cars to customers based on firm allocations from the factory and Lotus dealers should be able to do the same.
Lotus dealers are able to do the same. Galpin seems like the prime example (see the threads floating around). Other dealers have decided not to do this. Some because they've been let down by making optimistic statements; others because they might make more money by keeping their cards hidden.

Either way, the information is there, and more should be available when the new system is implemented.

·
Registered
3 Posts
MGW said:

whats the deal????

george
:confused:

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Gromit said:
Lotus dealers are able to do the same. Galpin seems like the prime example (see the threads floating around). Other dealers have decided not to do this. Some because they've been let down by making optimistic statements; others because they might make more money by keeping their cards hidden.

Either way, the information is there, and more should be available when the new system is implemented.
AMEN! BROTHER!

·
Registered
591 Posts
George,

I am the #7 customer car (#8 including demo, or #9(?) if you include the "extra" car) at my dealer (Oversea Motors in Dallas). I was given a September build date, so I am expecting a late October, early November delivery date as well.The problem is that when many of us made our deposits we and the dealer had no idea what the dealers allocation was, or would be based on. So you made a deposit at the closest dealer or the one with the shortest list that would sell at MSRP. My wife made my deposit in July of last year.

I think we are just no at a large dealer. A John English memo or article state some dealer would get 12 cars some as many as 140. I would hate to be #7 at the guy getting 12 cars. Or number #30 thinking I would a car sometime this century!

Good Luck! The wait is hard!

Greg

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I'm in the same boat.

Criswell = large dealer?
#8 build, September build maybe October, maybe November.

Fricken absurd.

There is a part (very small) of the me that wants to go out and purchase a new STi or C6 corvette, then also buy the Lotus and flip it just to be a jerk.

Grrrrrr..

:bow:
¯¯¯¯¯ <----------------Me beating my head on the floor.

·
Registered
591 Posts
I am just glad I have a boat and I am not the only one in it. Feel sorry for the guys that have no boat in sight.:(

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Racer X said:
George,

I am the #7 customer car (#8 including demo, or #9(?) if you include the "extra" car) at my dealer (Oversea Motors in Dallas). I was given a September build date, so I am expecting a late October, early November delivery date as well.The problem is that when many of us made our deposits we and the dealer had no idea what the dealers allocation was, or would be based on. So you made a deposit at the closest dealer or the one with the shortest list that would sell at MSRP. My wife made my deposit in July of last year.

Greg
Lucky dog! I placed my deposit one year and 5 months ahead of you, and now we're on the same delivery schedule.

·
Registered
591 Posts
You made your deposit in February of 2002? OUCH!

Obviously your pain is much greater than mine!

Greg

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
So depending upon the allocation which noone could know at the time some people wait 17 months longer than others? Or 17 months less looking at it the other way?

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
that sounds like 2 cars per month. that means someone sitting on wait list at 50 would wait 2 years. of course if production doubles your wait would drop to one year.

DOOMED

·
Registered
154 Posts
yes, i agree w/ the post above -

I put my deposit down about 2.5 years ago at the closest dealer. At the time, I was 18th on the list! Yes 18th! Since then, more dealers have started up from scratch. Then Lotus decides that even though there were 18 on the list 2.5 years ago, that this isn't a "big" dealer.

I would have been better putting myself on a list in a neighboring state.

That's what's frustrating. Everyone should be treated equally. All dealers. It really decreases dealer loyalty.

Why would I go back to this dealer in the future if I can get a car quicker at another?

Also, as much as I'm gonna get yelled at here. I would love to have seen delivery as "first come, first served."

Anyway, I'm still hoping for late September, early Oct.

Robert

1 - 20 of 89 Posts