The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have owned the Porsche for ver 20 years and it was a daily driver until roughly nine years ago. It has always been garaged.

The engine was fully rebuilt at about 95K in the early/mid '90s with European pistons (9.8:1 compression), dilavar studs, etc. The car also has the usual options: leather, sunroof, Bilsteins, 16" Fuches, etc. The weight has been reduced and the engine compartment simplified by "back-dating" the ducting and removing the air conditioner. The transmission is original and works like most 915's with roughly 190K. The tires and battery are in great shape. The fuel pump and alternator were replace fairly recently (at least not many miles ago).

Non-stock updates include:
*SSI Exhaust
*Carrera tensioners
*Air box pop-off
*Nology wires
*Spring center clutch
*Euro (H4) headlights
*Euro (yellow) tale lights
*150 MPH speedometer
*Euro ride height (factory spec)

The bad news:
*Needs a paint job (the car has never been in an accident though and there’s no rust)
*Needs seats recovered or replaced
*Needs carpet & headliner
*Could use a new windshield (pitting from use over almost 30 years)
*Wheels could be refinished/cleaned up (wheels are stock)
*Transmission is just "OK" - shifts fine but could use a rebuild
*There is a small oil leek ("o" ring)
*"Wear and tear" from almost 30 years of use

I think the car would be a great candidate for conversion to a track car, a restoration project or go back to using as a daily driver - with regular maintenance and no desire to look "perfect".

Some pictures are posted here

$8,250 and I'm in the SF Bay Area.

If you are interested in owning a classic Porsche that’s been loved please contact me. Thanks!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts