The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I just noticed that it looks like my electric fans arent kickin in when the car starts to get hot, nothing serious because the weather is cool but it will become an issue soon. This is a new issue because I know the fans were kicking on about a week and a half ago. Can anyone tell me where the relay for the fan is? Also how about the one for the fan on the engine compartment? That one may be working but I'm not sure. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

AH...the life of an Esprit owner. Why could this be easier like my old 59 Austin Healey. :p

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Hello all, I just noticed that it looks like my electric fans arent kickin in when the car starts to get hot, nothing serious because the weather is cool but it will become an issue soon. This is a new issue because I know the fans were kicking on about a week and a half ago. Can anyone tell me where the relay for the fan is? Also how about the one for the fan on the engine compartment? That one may be working but I'm not sure. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

AH...the life of an Esprit owner. Why could this be easier like my old 59 Austin Healey. :p
Welcome to esprit ownership. One of your first purchases should be to hunt down a service manual for this car, it will have all the schematics.

You'll know when the rear fan is on, and it generally won't come on while the car is in motion. If you're sitting in traffic, maybe. It's driven by a air thermostat in the engine bay. That's why when it comes on, (again if working as stock) it will remain running for a time after the car is off and you've walked away.

Been years since I had my '84, and I cannot recall where the relays or fuses are located. get the manual.

Also, join Lotus Ltd. NOW. They have members who are technical contacts for nearly all the models. For owning an older car, joining the national Lotus Ltd is about the best thing you can do other than going to Lotus Tech school yourself.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts