The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Huh?

I don't know what I'm shocked more by: 1) The fact that someone would pay so much for that telephone number or; 2) The fact that Lillie (aka Modern Wedgie) would recognize that song! It's like, from the 80's, y'know? :p

Bob

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
Evl said:
What I don't understand why someone would pay $80k and counting for a number that is no doubt suffering from a massive DDoS attack as we speak. :rolleyes:
It has enormous marketing potential. While it would be crap for a personal number, it's commercial application would be valuable, indeed. Think of this as a possibility:

Metro PCS buys the number and links it to their NY sales center. Then they play commercials featuring the song. Who WOULDN'T remember the number?

Of course, whoeveer has 1-800-867-5309 would be able to command even more for it.

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
Memorability and context to your biz determine the value of a number. I know a guy who sold 1-800-TICKETS for millions.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Huh?

rtking said:
I don't know what I'm shocked more by: 1) The fact that someone would pay so much for that telephone number or; 2) The fact that Lillie (aka Modern Wedgie) would recognize that song! It's like, from the 80's, y'know? :p

Bob
I'm not THAT young :D

Besides, ever notice that that is one of the songs you always hear on the tele when someone is trying to sell an 80's compilation on 2 disks for $19.99.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts