The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just saw in Automobile magazine the B/J auction in FL had a nice '88 anniversary edition. According to the description it was a nice clean car. Went for $20,900. Was labeled "limited production" but the writer said that can be claimed of ANY car made by Lotus! So for a #1 1988 Esprit the top of the mark is about $21,000 now.
David Teitelbaum

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
That's good to know...thanks for posting that. I am assuming that it was this one:

1988 Lotus Esprit SE LOW MI, - Cars.com

The 1988 Commemoratives were a true numbered edition with only 88 made and many firsts for the new Stevens body style...each came with a little plate on the passenger side of the dash denoting ##/88. I remember seeing one back in '88 at Anderson Chevrolet/Lotus in Redwood City during my college days...I was in awe, but figured it might as well be unobtanium since it could never happen...even the Corvettes were a dream back then. Time is a beautiful thing...now I have both :)

Roy

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Not correcting anyone, just an interesting bit of Esprit trivia...

Although people often use the terms interchangeably, this edition is actually a Commemorative, not an Anniversary. It was an anniversary in a sense though :)

Here's a copy of the original window sticker from my Esprit which says Commemorative Edition:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts