The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any way to remove the (Toyota-sourced) caliper off an 88 Esprit WITHOUT disconnecting the hydraulic line?

The 2 bolts holding the caliper - the top bolt will not clear the bracket holding the hydraulic fittings.

I can remove the hydraulic/bracket, but most 'normal' cars don't require hydraulic line disconnection (and the required bleeding of brakes).

Any tip on avoiding that hydraulic disconnect?

BTW - many thanks for all those that have posted over the years - I'm doing this to put 58mm hubs (replacing the 60mm hubs) for my S4s OZ Futura 3 piece wheel.

I've researched this before doing it and ran across articles from 1999 from Sanj and others like Atwell, Travis, Randy, Tom, Robert, Tim and countless others that really helped me figure this out. :bow:

The power of the Internet never ceases to amaze me. :coolnana:

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Just disconnect the line and remove the bracket- it's no big deal. Get yourself a little brass female blanking plug and you won't lose more than a teaspoon of fluid and more than likely not have to bleed the brakes,

·
Super Moderator
4,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys - I thought about bending the bracket, but realized once I put my new (now thicker) EBC brake pads, the bracket would simply have to come off - can't bend it enough to clear a new set of pads.

Guess I'll disconnect the caliper; since they are the original 25 year calipers, I may just go buy some rebuilt units along with some new rotors.

On Black Friday, the local O'Reilly's and Autozone's should be empty ;-)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts