The Lotus Cars Community banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
I'm guessing they came with a tool kit, since mine has one I recall strapped to the forward bulkhead. However, given the vagaries of "standard issue" in Lotus' year by year, it's hard to say if every HC came with them.

·
Super Moderator
4,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 · (Edited)
I'm guessing they came with a tool kit, since mine has one I recall strapped to the forward bulkhead. [snip]
Do you mean the black vinyl pouch that contains the jack and the jack handle? I do not consider that the tool kit (that is what I have strapped on the forward bulkhead on my 88). And while I have the jack and handle, my 88 did not have a lug wrench either.

CORRECTION: An 87 owner sent pictures of an 87 tool kit - similar (component-wise) to Atwell's pictures but no fuses and laid out differently.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Nope, I mean an actual "Heyco W. Germany" kit strapped right in the middle via a rubber strap and two brackets, one on the bulkhead and the other riveted to the floor. The foam in my kit is crumbling to pieces, though.

My jack is secured to the left of the spare tire (looking from the left-side interior seat) and the jack handle is secured flat to the floor. There is no black vinyl pouch.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts