The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for replacement water pump for the 88 turbo. We would like suggestion for crossover parts, used, or new (as a last resort).

I checked the thread below, but no water pumps!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I may end up with rebuilding, haven't been too successful so far. SJ has a reconditioned one, but don't wanna go to England for parts!

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
6,090 Posts
You can buy the parts for less than $100 to rebuild your pump (JAE).

Or, you can send the pump to JAE and have it refurbished by their guy. It comes back all nice and clean, with a new gasket, and a replacement Allen head bolt to put in where the OE nut is inaccessible...

Be careful when buying new pumps. There were different configurations over the years. I know of one guy with an '88 whose mechanic put in a replacement pump from an S4, worked but the V belt kept coming loose...

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Hex nut? or Allen head bolt?

You can buy the parts for less than $100 to rebuild your pump (JAE).

Or, you can send the pump to JAE and have it refurbished by their guy. It comes back all nice and clean, with a new gasket, and a replacement hex nut to put in where the OE nut is inaccessible...

Be careful when buying new pumps. There were different configurations over the years. I know of one guy with an '88 whose mechanic put in a replacement pump from an S4, worked but the V belt kept coming loose...

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
6,090 Posts
You need to be a member of the Yahoo TurboEsprit group to access the file.

If you still need help, shoot me a PM with an email address.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts