The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
'94 S4
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is a photo of one of the OZ wheels on an pre-May '89 Esprit for sale. I haven't seen a wheel w/the black OZ lettering on it before. Is this a factory wheel? I am concerned it is a replacement of some kind. The car's other three do not have the lettering. Thanks for any info. Ken

AutoTrader.com
It's photo 24.

·
Banned
1,594 Posts
That's a sticker that they are all suppose to have, but it does fall off after a while. Even my Jim Clark Esprit SE had those stickers, but when I had the wheels refinished, they were taken off, and I never replaced them. You can probably buy the sticker if you really want it, but the fact that 3 are missing and one has it doesn't indicate foul play on a used car.

I always liked the white and black interior on the Esprit. Nice looking car.

·
'94 S4
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's a sticker that they are all suppose to have, but it does fall off after a while.... You can probably buy the sticker if you really want it, but the fact that 3 are missing and one has it doesn't indicate foul play on a used car.
Thank you. I didn't know that; it's exactly the kind of info I was looking for.

·
'94 S4
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. The sticker in your first two photos is the same as in one of the photos I posted. If I had seen an OZ wheel w/the sticker before I completely forgot about it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts