The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Formerly Velocity, now Motor Trend channel features the Car Fix show with Lou and Jared tackling a cam belt change and fuel tank replacement. The episode is Season #8/ Episode #9. I had to search for it and schedule it to be recorded.

Now, don't expect a lot of detail....and I'm still trying to figure out why Lou was unbolting the trailing arm at the upright...but it brought back a lot of very recent memories of my engine/trans pull (2X!) and what took me hours to do, they accomplished in minutes. Ah, the wonders of TV...

Bob

·
Registered
54 Posts
Actually the Esprit they worked on was mine. Jared was the one that came to my place to pick up my car.
And I was at the location where they film the show as its only 20 minutes from my house. They did do a lot of work
which I appreciated for sure. I sent an email to the show about what the car needed. The producer called with in a few days of my email saying they were doing a show with a Lambo and wanted another super car from that time frame. They picked it up about 2 days after the call.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Scroll down and you can sign in with your login for any of the cable companies that carry the channel (most do). I was able to get it by signing into my Comcast/Xfinity account.
Unfortunately doesn’t work in Canada

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We have Cox here in Virginia, and with their 'Contour' system you can identify shows and record upcoming episodes....which is what I've done. I've saved it and will try to record it and put it up here...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Jared misspoke on the TV show I don't own the Lambo. The guy with the Lambo I think lives in Orlando and does not own my
Esprit. He might own one,.. that I don't know I just know mine was on the show. I do live in St Pete and I know Tom.
I live right downtown not to far from Tom's shop.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Nice. Orange one of my fav colors period. Had a 1970 Road Runner 6 pack that was the factory orange. What wheels do you have ? Do they fit with out adjustment? Price? I do live about 3 minutes away from Tom's shop.

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
i thought I might finally get to ride in my teen car idol! :( oh well good to know more Esprit owners in the area :)
my car is in Tom's shop for a while reassembling after new paint (Gallardo pearl orange!)
That's going to look fantastic! But then again I'm biased. I had mine painted 4 Years ago.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts