The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
We covered police chasing a motorcycle throughout L.A. a few years back, and our news helicopter (which maxes out at about 145 MPH) could not keep up with the suspect on the freeway. The cruisers on the ground just gave up.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I'm guessing the guy just pulled over, or never knew he was being tailed and when he slowed down on his own they caught him.

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
damn...he could've gotten away clean

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
I'm guessing the guy just pulled over, or never knew he was being tailed and when he slowed down on his own they caught him.
Which is why, if you are speeding like a MoFo, don't slow down until you are home, or off the highway.

·
Registered
894 Posts
I remainber one time when I was doing a run for more than hour at 150 mph, and close to my destination point, I lost my exhaust canister pipe (retained by one screw). I just continu to home, and there, I took my mother car to find my exhaust. Like mrluky said, don't slow until at home.

·
Registered
219 Posts
lol. they would never get a chance to see your plates. or your skin color. hell moving that fast they wouldnt even be sure what brand of bike it was. ive only taken mine to 145, but i agree, if you see a squad car, keep going.. they are not even allowed to pursue people going that speed. if i remember they discontinue directly trying to follow at a certain speed and just tail at a safe speed and let the heli's track him

·
Registered
167 Posts
At 144mph he was probably still in 4th gear:eek:

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
Yes! Just keep running, don't stop for anything. Why not risk your life; getting caught would be a big pain in the ass. Hey, it's your life to risk. Don't worry about the pain and expense you'd put your family and friends through. They already know you're selfish. And above all, don't give a thought to the risk you're creating to innocent bystanders. I mean, they're... strangers. pffft.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
The driver was freed pending a July 8th appearance in Southeast Court.
State Police Sgt. Ted Daley said that speeding more than 40-miles-an-hour higher than the posted speed limit results in 11 points being charged against the driver's license, which automatically results in a suspension.
So, 95mph on the highway = suspension. I really hate blanket laws like that.
They should be putting safety first and then measuring the punishment against the specific circumstance.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Yes! Just keep running, don't stop for anything. Why not risk your life; getting caught would be a big pain in the ass. Hey, it's your life to risk. Don't worry about the pain and expense you'd put your family and friends through. They already know you're selfish. And above all, don't give a thought to the risk you're creating to innocent bystanders. I mean, they're... strangers. pffft.
I think once you're going that speed it doesn't matter if your just doing it for fun or trying to get away.

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
they should make these highway speeds higher.....55mph on a highway is just abdsurd. Also they need to revoke licence of these OLD people that are driving big "boats" weaving in and out of lanes. They should also have more stricter license testing and road course.

The MD driver license practical is soo easy that anyone can pass it....and then when there on the road they dont know what to do...****ERS

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
89 mph over the speed limit. Should get license permanently suspended.

Walk for awhile at 53 mph under the speed limit.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts