The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where: My place – 455 Aster Place, Downingtown, PA. 19335
When: Saturday, July 7th

It’s a low key, casual, sit on the deck, eat, and swim type of thing (or hang out front, chat, and ogle the cars). Figure on arriving around noon with eating/swimming starting whenever people get hot and/or hungry. I’ll have some burgers, dogs, and chicken to throw on the grill as well as most other related supplies. Attendees could volunteer to bring an appetizer, snack, salad, side dish, or dessert if they like. I’ll try to have several local driving routes planned out for those interested in exploring and anyone can feel free to slip off for spirited driving whenever the urge strikes - Valley Forge Park and Marsh Creek lake are both close by. Things will end when the vast majority of people wander off……

Last year we had 14 Loti that attended and brought along many nice people. Be sure to check out the threads and pictures from previous years and let me know if you plan to attend.

Larry

·
Registered
76 Posts
'Sounds like a GREAT gathering!
I'm originally from Pottstown; but now live in Colorado Springs. -- So, I won't be able to bring my BumbleBee to the fray. Otherwise, I'd love to attend. Sorry...

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
This is on my calender. made it a few years back in the elise. this year ill be in the europa

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
9 days to go......still time to make your plans.

9 definite and 7 maybes so far. Plenty of room left on the lawn......

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Happy 4TH.......

After today's round of holiday barbecues you'll have only 2 full days left to get hungry enough for Saturday's meet......It will take discipline but I know you can do it.

10 cars definite and 8 maybes so far. Plenty of room left on the lawn......

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If you like waiting till the last minute to decide....

.......you still have 14 hours and 20 minutes to ponder.

12 cars definite and 8 maybes so far (and that doesn't even count the '41 and '50 Chevys and one potential 2012 Corvette).

Plenty of room left on the lawn......

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
with the 101+ forecast, i will have to look forward to next year.

its a europa thing....

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The results are in......

It topped out at 99 degrees (sheez....can't even set a record) and 12 cars:

6 Elises
1 Esprit
2 Elans
1 Audi R8 Spyder (the Lotus stayed at home)
2 Old Chevys (1950 Bel Air and 1941 Special Deluxe Town Sedan)

Lots of nice people showed up as well.....some temporarily Lotus-less but looking. Alternating between the shaded deck, the pool, and the shady parking spots on the front lawn, we all survived the heat.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts