The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 233 Posts

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like a bunch of folks can make 9/16.

I know the drive to get there is a bit long, but what the hell....

We can meet up New Glarus again and do part of the Saturday route and better yet, the BETTER route which was Sunday that we never go to. The roads are sooooo tasty.

Bears play Packers the Thurs nite before so we won't be missing relevant games on that Sunday.

Lemme know who is in.

·
6.94915254 lbs/hp
1,748 Posts
I'm in! If anybody in the Milwaukee area wants to caravan let me know. I will try to arrange something.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
im in :sheep:

·
Registered
668 Posts
I'm in... with or without my lotus lol... but this time, I hope I can come with the lotus. So I can be part of all those pictures. :)

·
Registered
297 Posts
How hard is this going to be? because I might be a new proud owner by this point... but I definitely won't be too acclimated to her yet. If I have her by then, though, I'll prolly drive and meet up just to meet everyone though! I'll contact you if/when it happens!

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No better way to get to know your car. We'll go fast, but not crazy fast. Keep in mind, these are public roads. Just lots of twists and turns. No better way to get to know your car!

If it makes you feel better, Choatie brought his BRAND NEW - as in just picked it up the night before - McLaren MP4-12C on the drive and tore it up! Keep in mind, he also has the history of hard driving and Exige, but these are two different animals!

·
V EQLS IR
331 Posts
Absolutely in, really excited since I missed the one in the beginning of summer by mere days!

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm in... with or without my lotus lol... but this time, I hope I can come with the lotus. So I can be part of all those pictures. :)
Why would you NOT come with the Lotus? Get into another fender bender? :)

BTW - you texted me and I lost it - resend it to me. If I remember it was looking for the LG route right? It's actually buried in the Spirited Drives thread if you wanna look for posts around Aug/Sept 2010. If not, Todd can probably get it to you.

·
Registered
719 Posts
No better way to get to know your car. We'll go fast, but not crazy fast. Keep in mind, these are public roads. Just lots of twists and turns. No better way to get to know your car!

If it makes you feel better, Choatie brought his BRAND NEW - as in just picked it up the night before - McLaren MP4-12C on the drive and tore it up! Keep in mind, he also has the history of hard driving and Exige, but these are two different animals!
Just to be clear, Choatie tore up the road, not the McLaren. Man, it was impossible to keep up with him when he took the lead. :panic:

I should be in. We're talking just a one-day thing, right, Jeff?

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yep, one day!

·
Registered
297 Posts
I'm so upset... i wont actually be able to make it at all. A buddy is getting married that Saturday so I'll still be out of town. On the bright side though, I should hopefully be getting the car this week (or next at the latest) so if you guys do another one or two before winter I'll be all about it!

·
6.94915254 lbs/hp
1,748 Posts
Whats up with this?... Milwaukee area people are outnumbering the Chicago guys! Right now Milwaukee has a confirmed 6 cars and possibly two more!

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So, just to confirm:

- Me!
- Marius
- SwingLo
- Lil Lotus/emelise
- Ishur
- Driftwood
- Pooter
- Nydus
- Afex
- Cashdxr

Should be a fun one.

And yes Irwin, just a one day thing. No overnights for me anymore! Ironically enough, I'm actually heading to Milwaukee afterwards (to see Gaslight Anthem).

I'll plan it out, but figure we meet up around 10:00 at the same place. Can't promise we'll run into another vintage hill climb with a $700K Ferrari 275 Lusso there! :)

·
6.94915254 lbs/hp
1,748 Posts
JWA and The_Greg will likely be there too.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
What about your dad?

BTW, lots of cheese heads are gonna be there - the Bears had better beat the Packers on the thurs night before! :)

·
6.94915254 lbs/hp
1,748 Posts
What about your dad?

BTW, lots of cheese heads are gonna be there - the Bears had better beat the Packers on the thurs night before! :)
I don't know for sure, but I don't think he is going... I will ask next time I talk to him though.

1 - 20 of 233 Posts