The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone :)

i m just wondering when they will post the next practice event on the solo2 web site with the check mail-in information. last night event i didn't really get a chance to find the sweet air pressure on the azenis especially on the rear, the car was understeering . . . need more seat time with the new azenis

eric

·
Registered
146 Posts
mashimaro said:
Hello everyone :)

i m just wondering when they will post the next practice event on the solo2 web site with the check mail-in information. last night event i didn't really get a chance to find the sweet air pressure on the azenis especially on the rear, the car was understeering . . . need more seat time with the new azenis

eric
Hi Eric,
Depending on the tire size the air pressure will vary. Plus Norton is a traction limited surface so understeer will seem more severe there than at other locations. As Jayson said the next practice is closed to SVTOA. There is an event at Qualcomm in SD this Sunday. If you make it there look for me in my Black Sentra SE-R and I can help you with you Azenis.

Art

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that would really suck, i just visited their web site, this is what i saw on the page:

"September 21, starting at 7AM - SCCA Solo II Autocross Practice event at California Speedway (parking lot) - closed event for SoCal SVTOA members and guests! Entry fee gets you a bunch of runs! "

what do they mean by "guests"???

eric

·
Registered
118 Posts
what do they mean by "guests"???
If you sleep with a SVOTA member, maybe you could get in. :D

I guess you could ask. I'd say if it gets closer to the 21st andthey don't have a lot of entries from thier SVTOA guys, they might be more interested in letting in outsiders.

Practices are for the sponsoring club. That club is allowed to run it in any way they want. Which includes entry fees and who they let in.

Jay W
505/287 Dakota

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Art,

yeah, i was gonna mention that my car feels like a pig now, with tire size 225/45/17 and a 19pounds wheel :( and a heavy weight azenis . . . i have to find time to buy another set of azenis for my stock wheel for autox.

as for going out to sd this weekend, not sure yet, will see .. .

who's going to SD?

eric

·
Registered
146 Posts
mashimaro said:
Hi Art,

yeah, i was gonna mention that my car feels like a pig now, with tire size 225/45/17 and a 19pounds wheel :( and a heavy weight azenis . . . i have to find time to buy another set of azenis for my stock wheel for autox.

as for going out to sd this weekend, not sure yet, will see .. .

who's going to SD?

eric
I know that Vincent and I will be there probably Jayson also.

Art

·
Registered
118 Posts
Incase you'all didn't see. This was posted on the solo2 board at 11am.

Jay W
505/287 Dakota

Hi people:

We are now opening the the 'Closed Saturday Practice' to our friends! It will be on a first
pay basis, send your check (made out to 'CSCC Solo II') to:

SoCal SVTOA
747. S. Brea Boulevard
Suite 36
Brea, CA. 92821

PLEASE include your name and and a telephone number or email address so we can contact you and give you your status! See you on Saturday!!!

Tim Schlose

·
Registered
118 Posts
Oh, and it's a $60 practice. Silly rich SVT owners.:)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah, thanks for the info Jay, $60 is alot, i remember it used to be $40?!?!?
yeah, but i needed the practice to break in the azenis and new rear brakes

·
Registered
171 Posts
$60 is too rich for my blood.

Why would I pay that when you can get the same amount of runs in S.D. for $20? Sure you have to drive to Sandy Ego, but then you have a reason to get out of L.A.!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Gunnar said:
$60 is too rich for my blood.

Why would I pay that when you can get the same amount of runs in S.D. for $20? Sure you have to drive to Sandy Ego, but then you have a reason to get out of L.A.!
Huh? Usuallly S.D. practices are only 8 runs.

Jay W
505/287 Dakota

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
although i don't really appreciate the fact that they open up their "private" practice at the last minute, i've been wanting to practice more to play around with air pressure on the new azenis . . .

how many of us actually mailed in a check for the practice?

thanks,

·
Registered
18 Posts
SVTOA ....Sucky Vehicles ..... oops

Hi,

Let's see ...first event ... closed practice ....then open it up ... charge $60 .... HMMMMMM ...

these guys sure know how to make friends.

Serge

1 - 15 of 15 Posts