The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

As you may or may not be aware of, DCNSX and I have been working with Auto Clear Guard, a member here, on working up a group purchase of the latest 3M film for our cars. We have come to an agreement that will benefit us all.

The details are as follows:

Minimum of 2-3 cars.
Product installed for $700. This includes everything that you will find on the StarShield install, plus additional coverage that StarShield does not cover (per ACG).
Headlights can be covered for $60.
Each person will need to contribute $50 for the cost of ACG's flight, car, and housing.

The more cars the better; however, since we have no idea of the rate of delivery, we may have to fly ACG up multiple times.

If you wish to be included, please PM DCNSX or me. Let us know when you expect delivery, and we will attempt to find others that have a date near yours. If you already have your car, then you can be included in my install! =)

NOTE: We also worked with a local installer. This local installed was nearly twice as expensive. It would take around 12 people at one time for him to install the exact same product for the price that ACG is willing to offer us. The only difference is that he is local and can provide better warranty support due to logistics. For half the cost, I'll take my chances with ACG.

ACG, could you provide the group with some references and your payment terms?

Thanks,

Genjuro

·
Registered
521 Posts
Well I want the Xpel kit but I'm in florida so I'd have to pass on the DC install part.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hello. Everything sounds correct.

I prefer cash, check or money order, but I can also take credit cards. What ever works for you is fine with me.

Brokenr1 - If you live in Miami, I could take a trip down there if you would like. It should take 3-4 hours of driving and I can stay the night a hotel somewhere.

Thanks
Ryan Burroughs
www.autoclearguard.com

·
Registered
446 Posts
I was interested in the group buy now just for the kit itself... even though I'm not getting delivery of my Elise until the spring. Since this has evolved into an install now thing, I guess I'm out. Even if I just got the kit now, I don't think I'm going to want to have to deal with having to fly ACG in to do the install later.

Thanks to those who made efforts to work out the local deal. I appreciate you taking your time to do so.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hello. It doesn't have to be just an install purchase. If you just want the kit that will be fine as well. Just keep me in mind when you get the car. I will try my best to help you out.
Thanks
Ryan

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So.... who is interested? I know DCNSX is.. anyone else??

Let me know. I'd like to get this scheduled ASAP.

Thanks,

Genj

·
Registered
2005 elise touring ardent red
612 Posts
i'm not supposed to get mine until march. plus i am not even sure that film works that great....i saw a thread in this chat room that had some guy rip up his fiberglass right through the film.

·
Registered
88 Posts
The XPEL 3m kits are now OEM for both BMW and Porsche. Xpel designs the kits before even the car is available on the market.

You will not have any problems with the 3m film installed. It has been tested on thousands of cars.

Now if it's accepted by both of those companies as OEM products, I would have no worries.

Thanks
Ryan

·
Registered
413 Posts
C'mon, people, post up. This looks like a good deal with a good installer. From what I've read the installation is the key part- I am definitely going this route after reading some of the posts about poor quality installs from the port installers.

Anyone from outside the immediate DC area is welcome to use my home garage in Reston. It is HIGHLY recommended that the install be done in a clean, indoor environment. I think this is one of the areas where the port installs are lacking.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I would do it, but my time window is pretty limited. IF the car gets here by the end of next week, I'm going to drive down to D.C. and would love to get the install done then (and my break-in miles over!).

BUT I don't know when the car is going to be delivered, and as of this morning neither does my dealer. Could be tomorrow, could be weeks ...

Pretty hard to plan anything under these conditions :mad:

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My delivery is slated for 10/12.... DSNSX will have his around 10/31.

ACG, How many do you need to come up? 3 right?

·
Registered
387 Posts
Genjuro said:
My delivery is slated for 10/12....
I thought dealers did not know when a car was on the way until it was "on the truck." Your information seems to contradict this. your dealer knows for sure that the car will be there a week from Friday? thanks for any information that you are willing to share, Steve

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
My delivery is looking like late dec. early jan. so i am planing on feb... then its a whole issue of the weather - so my car may sit in penn. for a month or two

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I'd like to see if it can be installed on the black plastic door sills, to protect them. I know someone here did it, but I'm not sure if it's held up (stuck to the plastic). Whaddya think, ACG?

·
Registered
88 Posts
I would prefer to do at least 3 cars on a trip. It would be some what fun as it will get me out of Florida for a couple days. That is, if a Hurricane doesn't wipe us out :D

For the plastic door sills. I can try, but not sure if will stick. I know it works well on Chrome, and graphite, but not sure about the plastic. If it is completly smooth plastic, then probably yes.

Have fun!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts