The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks like i might have to sell my Esprit. It has been my daily driver for a few years and it is in great shape but i purchased another vehicle and i need the space. I don't know how much they are going for, or what a fair price will be, so input or comparison would be appreciated. It is a 95 Esprit S4 with 28,920 miles, Calypso red with the following upgrades:

GTO Racing transmission upgrade 5 speed close ratio.
Quaife ATB Limited Slip Differencial
P.U.K. Stage 2 Turbo
P.U.K. BOV
P.U.K. SS High Flow Cat Pipe
P.U.K. Free Flow Exhaust
P.U.K. #6 Red Race Code Chip
K&N Filter
R&B Tuning upgrade suspension kit.
40 pcs Poly Urethane Bushings
RC High end Primary and Secondary Injectors
Pioneer AVIC-X940BT
Focal front speakers
Sirius Sat radio
Glass sunroof
Lotus Exige steering wheel

Some people prefer the stock look , and mine looks more like the 2002 version in the outside. I know this will affect the price in a good or bad way depending on the buyer. As i said before,any input will be appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Wow beautiful car!

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
:drool: :clap: :coolnana: :shift:

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
DId you keep the OEM tail lights so future owner could revert back?

Records on maintenance?

Definitely the right time of year to sell.. sad to see it though

·
Premium Member
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, and I have all the stock parts and i more than likely give it to the future owner if they want them, since it would just take space in my garage. It has clean title and the main reason for having low mileage and still being my daily driver is because my office it is just 4 miles away :). I bought the car originally with around 18k miles. Never had any mechanical / engine issues. A/C was the only issue I run into, and i believe many owners had complain about the A/C not being too cold. This month was a little extra warm here in San Diego so i took it to John at New Tickford ST Service here in San Diego for him to give it a look. It was just a leak from one of the fittings, but now it is fine. This shop specializes in Aston Martins, and i truly recommend it. John has also worked on my Exige, he is a great guy to know.

·
Banned
938 Posts
Wish I could take it off your hands.
Great Mods.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Ask 28-29K and take whatever you can live with. It's worth more due to the mods but most aren't going to look at it that way. If you ask over 30K you'll probably sit on it for a while...IMHO

·
Premium Member
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks, I am not really in a hurry, but I need to think ahead. It is a great car, but maybe time for someone else to enjoy it instead of just seating in the garage and just being driven once every two weeks.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks, the piping and part of the upholstery on the driver side seat was redone a month ago by Armando at Lindy's Auto Upholstery. They do great work and have been in business since 1949. I recommend this place 100%. They have done great work on my shelby cobra roaster and i am thinking for them to do the interior of my exige to eliminate some of the road and engine noise. I will have to check on the brakes. I believe they are just Brembo brakes. My mechanic is the one who took care of everything I needed.

·
Cal H
982 Posts
The Brembos went into the early V8 I think 2000 and later for the AP brakes. I think some S4 still had the Toyota brakes.

Eliminate noise from the Exige? The Esprit is way civilized road car compared to an Exige but that is the way they are.

·
Registered
327 Posts
The Brembos went into the early V8 I think 2000 and later for the brakes. I think some S4 still had the Toyota brakes.

Eliminate noise from the Exige? The Esprit is way civilized road car compared to an Exige but that is the way they are.
all 94 S4 had the Toyota brakes, and early runs of 95 S4 as well. At some point, maybe April production???, the 95 S4 got the AP brakes.

·
Cal H
982 Posts
I am not aware of AP brakes stock on any 95's only Brembo. The only 4 cyl Esprit's with stock AP brakes were the X180R and Sport 300. Later model S4 and S4s with the early V8's still had Brembo. In 98 the Euro Sport 350's changed to AP as did the 8 USA 1999 Sport 350. In 2000 the V8's got the AP. That is why many prefer the 2000 MY and later when going after a V8 to purchase

·
Premium Member
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yes, I am trying to make it a little bit quieter in the cabin. Specially when a little rock hits the bottom of the car, you can hear it all over the place lol. The Larini SC Track with the oval tip helped a bit though. I really like the new sound of the exhaust.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts