Registered
1,186 Posts
And what exactly does "invoiced" mean?

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Vangman said:
And what exactly does "invoiced" mean?
It is when LCU submits paperwork asking for payment for a car that is being readied for delivery to the dealer.

Lotus UK sells cars to Lotus Cars USA.

LCU sells the cars to the dealers. They invoice and dealer has to pay for the car.

Dealer notifies buyer that they have to pay dealer for the car.

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
huggy bear said:
...as I understand it also means that the car is at the US port.
Yes, it means they're currently at the port, but they're not invoiced until they're ready to leave the port.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
For my dealer invoiced happens when it's put on a transport a good 3-5 days before they take delivery. So it looks like very few of us are off the hook for this one. Misery loves company. :p

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Re: $950 Increase For Cars Invoiced After 9/1.

hermanslotus said:
Your joking right???

Mitch
it's official, Mitch. The
dollar keeps going south against the pound and Lotus is therefore making a mid-course correction to avoid losing money.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Well not exactly mid-course since they have delivered very little cars. :D

this must be a record for price hikes on an auto.

No wonder this company is barely alive.

·
Registered
172 Posts
How many customer cars did they deliver......30-40.
What a joke.......pathetic.
Guess I will be taking a serious look at the 2005 SLK.
It's the principle.......I have killed many a deal over trust (or lack of). The point is that they should have put the price higher in the 1st place......I wouldn't have batted an eye.
I am loyal until I get stabbed in the back. It's only a thousand bucks but the method was sophmoric.

·
shay2nak
24,910 Posts
Lotus has updated the Elise Configurator page to include the new price. However, they haven't added the pics of the colors they've been missing for a while.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Projected MSRP

When I made my deposit ('Partial Payment' according to my receipt) my salesman put "MSRP to be $40,000 to $42,000". This was when Lotus had expressed intention to keep it below $40k. I figured I would be willing to pay at least $42k base MSRP whenever my car finally arrived. Looks like it's going to be less than my upper limit. Oh yeah, the salesman put down what I asked him to write, so if the price went beyond what I thought reasonable, the contract would no longer be binding. I don't know what the problem is. I can understand if the initial MSRP was $12k, but this is just a fact of life. I can't say I'm happy to pay almost a grand more for my Elise, but I definitely don't feel the Lotus is doing anything unethical or unfair and the Elise is more than twice what I've ever paid for a car before. Just my two cents worth.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts