The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got my nukey but don't want to keep it. I got my key blank cut already so if you need key blank you can get it from Randy. the plastic finish is kinda horrible but he will send a replacement later so no big deal (i will send it to you later when i get his replacement). reason for selling: i can not turn ignition without pressing on the buttons, which is quite annoying to lock myself in the car when i am trying to start it. And i feel like the buttons are constantly pressed on in my pocket. for those who have small hands, and don't wear tight jeans, this is probably better for you.

pros: it's light in compact size and the aluminum finish is pretty cool, affordable price.
cons: quality, soft plastic shell, slight signal reduction.

thickness is about the same as the BWR key.

$120 shipped in US.

i don't come to forums a lot, so please send me a private message so i can see it from my email.

thank you,

Ed

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i know this is my first post on lotustalk but don't worry about dealing with me, i can even sell it to you thru my ebay account if you like.

thanks

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
Bump for a great design personally, speaking. Randy's work on the key project was impecible. I just got my two in, and absolutely love them. But key fobs are one of those things, where you like the design or you don't. Definately worth the price at $120, as the price will go up in the future through other vendors.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Just a hint... maybe a help or not. But most people turn the key with a thumb pressing on the key and the fingers around the periphery, mainly the edges.

If your thumb is pushing on the buttons, take they key blank out and turn it over. Now the thumb is on the opposite side.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
md, is that real carbon fiber or just vinyl? don't feel like using fake cf on a my key, hopefully I can get the replacement from randy soon.

and com'n stop low balling me with $50 to $80 offers.This key is not cheap, I paid $120+ for it.

randy, i tried that but then now the other fingers will press on both buttons. i think the design of the buttons makes it really hard to use. the only thing i like is the size, and that's why i'm not keeping it. anyway, thanks for spending your time in this while having a full time job, i heard you lost some money on this project, but you also make a significant amount of people happy.

again it's still available, don't send me silly offers guys.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
That's really strange. I've never had any issue accidentally pressing the buttons while turning the key in the ignition. It's too bad the key isn't working out for you. GLWS. I'm sure someone will snatch this up.

·
Registered
514 Posts
md, is that real carbon fiber or just vinyl? don't feel like using fake cf on a my key, hopefully I can get the replacement from randy soon.

and com'n stop low balling me with $50 to $80 offers.This key is not cheap, I paid $120+ for it.

randy, i tried that but then now the other fingers will press on both buttons. i think the design of the buttons makes it really hard to use. the only thing i like is the size, and that's why i'm not keeping it. anyway, thanks for spending your time in this while having a full time job, i heard you lost some money on this project, but you also make a significant amount of people happy.

again it's still available, don't send me silly offers guys.
It's a vinyl film by 3M called DiNoc
Real CF is too thick to fit well on this surface, and would be a PITA to machine to fit the buttons and LED hole. One idea is to make a real CF shell instead of plastic, hint, hint...
But the cost would be ridiculous.
I kinda like the film as it can be easily replaced if necessary and you can change colors, textures, etc. at will.

·
Arch. Project Manager
1,090 Posts
I pm'd you about the key the day you posted and never heard back from you funcar? No low ball here!

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

·
Registered
913 Posts
I believe the reason why Randy did not use CF over the Black Plastic is due to the degradation of alarm signal. I recall talking to Terry when he was designing his Fubrication key & they found the use of CF across all ares of the key reduced the range/effectiveness of the alarm antenna signal.

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
Got mine and love it! Haven't had a single issue of inadvertent button pushing..... May be because my thumb is just in that blank area at the end of the buttons. Raymond Loewy would be proud... It's a beautiful, simple yet elegant design... Thanks for your great work on this Randy

Attachments

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Thank you. I really appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Just to endorse this for anyone who is on the fence about the NuKey... I love mine. Finally, the Exige has a key that matches how cool it is. Randy was also cool enough to send replacements for the for the first-run black plastic pieces that weren't able to be bead-blasted. The key is awesome. Get it.

Thanks again, Randy!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts