The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Give me a 993 anyday. I think that the 996 car has a seriously watered down look. Some shots of the 997. A facelift in the right direction but:
"...997 gets a Cayenne-inspired cabin and dashboard, with the classic instrument layout housed under a single binnacle. The center console and air vents form a one-piece panel that picks up switchgear similar to that gracing the Cayenne."

Hmm...the company has lost it's gord. Sad.

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
babak said:
Give me a 993 anyday. I think that the 996 car has a seriously watered down look. Some shots of the 997. A facelift in the right direction but:
"...997 gets a Cayenne-inspired cabin and dashboard, with the classic instrument layout housed under a single binnacle. The center console and air vents form a one-piece panel that picks up switchgear similar to that gracing the Cayenne."

Hmm...the company has lost it's gord. Sad.
I saw the pictures... I think it looks quite a bit better than the 996, but still definitely not as good as the 993.

"Cayenne-inspired", no thanks.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,107 Posts
I liked my 993 quite a bit, but the 997 design is going backwards - not forwards. I prefer sportscar design to be more innovative. I have the same luke warm feelings toward the fantastic new Ford GT. Too retro. Oh hum! :(

This from a man who drives a new MINI! ;)

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
As someone once said, "if I wanted a 993 look alike, I would have bought a 993!"

:(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts