The Lotus Cars Community banner

161 - 180 of 250 Posts

·
Vendor
3,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #161
What kind of power are you running in the test mule? There is no substitute for real world testing. Good to hear that the issues you discovered are minor.
Test mule is typical TVS400 with Fastworks Tune.

·
Vendor
3,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #163
if We have BOE install your new trans as part of a engine build does trans come with warranty?
If there are any material or workmanship issues we'll work with you to fix or replace any defective parts from us, otherwise it comes with typical race parts warranty. 30/30.

·
Vendor
3,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #164
I think we have a winner with the 1-4 + inputshaft. How many folks here want the 1-4 without the shorter final drive i.e. just use your final drive? This would probably be more the track crowd than the autox crowd. How many people want it enough to put down a deposit?

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
I think we have a winner with the 1-4 + inputshaft. How many folks here want the 1-4 without the shorter final drive i.e. just use your final drive? This would probably be more the track crowd than the autox crowd. How many people want it enough to put down a deposit?

I'm really interested in the whole shebang. I'd like that final drive for my highway commute.

·
Registered
5,418 Posts
What works best with mostly street driven turbo'd car...i have the larger 6th gear as well

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Well you know how I am using the car, mostly track but I also AX but I don't care if I win and 290 WHP. What do I need best for that application? Is there a chance of breaking the OEM final drive in drag launches?

You already have my transmission, thats kind of like a deposit!

Edit: To be clear I will put down a deposit today if I can to ensure my early place in line.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
How much is the deposit

I want to keep my final drive!

·
Vendor
3,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #171
kfennel, there is a chance it will break, the pro-solo guys including me have broken them launching. It is relatively rare unless doing it with race tires, even then I think Ryno goes through 1 per year.

It0302, I dunno probably 10% or $400 or so. I just want to get numbers from folks that are serious.

Lotus90, my grinder says 8 weeks, he has yet to make a date, so I figure more like 10-12.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Are you planning on developing a "stronger" version of the stock final drive "gearing" (not sure if that's the right word)... I would love option #3 with the taller 6th gear and a BWR version of the final drive that wasn't as prone to breaking...

how much extra for the special treatment of the surface you mentioned before?

I'd be willing to put a deposit down as well.

·
Vendor
3,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #173
Are you planning on developing a "stronger" version of the stock final drive "gearing" (not sure if that's the right word)... I would love option #3 with the taller 6th gear and a BWR version of the final drive that wasn't as prone to breaking...

how much extra for the special treatment of the surface you mentioned before?

I'd be willing to put a deposit down as well.
I wasn't planning doing a stronger version of stock final drive as it doesn't really have much of a market. The track guys can take or leave the Final Drive and most of them won't break it as they aren't launching the car. The AutoX guys and drag guys will want the shorter 1/2 and the stronger final. The REM surface finish is probably around $500 for the set.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I wasn't planning doing a stronger version of stock final drive as it doesn't really have much of a market. The track guys can take or leave the Final Drive and most of them won't break it as they aren't launching the car. The AutoX guys and drag guys will want the shorter 1/2 and the stronger final. The REM surface finish is probably around $500 for the set.
Well, in that case I'd do option #2 with the REM surface as I do track and don't do autocross, but I do drive on the street quite a bit and like to have stoplight battles and will be launching the car occasionally and don't want anything to break. :D

·
Registered
438 Posts
I'm down for Option#2 also! :smile2:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi
I also want Option #3 (1-4 + inputshaft), to go with the OEM Final drive.
BUT
I would like to have it as a kit to install my self, or the second best option with out the core exchange, so please specify the price for these options.

Shipping a gearbox to Sweden, Europe tend to be pricey and time-consuming... 

·
Vendor
3,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #179
We're going to pound the test box at the track again this weekend and then it comes out and we do a teardown to look for anything. My instincts tell me that the 1-4 is a winner and we just need to tweak the gear cut on the final drive to get it polished up.

·
Vendor
3,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #180
Just got the box out of the car and went through it. It held up very well to as much abuse as I could dish out! Figured out our issue on the final drive so we will have a couple tweaks there. Going to a smaller tooth/ higher helix design on the final drive to keep it quieter and fit better. However, likely move the output shaft up to 300M as well to strengthen the pinion. This will still be a big improvement over stock strength. Doing a very trick heat treat operation on input and output shaft that was designed for military helicopter gearboxes and adopted by SCORE, NASCAR, and F1!

Once we have the final plan, I'll reach out again for deposits. The deposits are just "who's serious" money so we can plan the build appropriately. We will also have options for full shot-peen and REM finishing for those that want it.

161 - 180 of 250 Posts