The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Congrats! That doesn't sound like a bad rate at all, especially for NJ. GEICO has been insuring my Elise since the end of August, so they should be aware of the car (one would hope, anyway!) ;)

·
Registered
538 Posts
pinmagic said:
I got my Elise in September. I called Geico just before it arrived. They said they wouldn't insure it, cause it was too expensive. I said "My mother's new Lexus is almost this much!" When I told them the price of the Elise, they told me they didn't realize it was so affordable. After much consulting of supervisors, they finally agreed to insure it. But now I see that others (Ellen) already had insurance thru Geico, so I have no idea why it was such a big deal for them.
Hmmmm, they did put me on hold for awhile, and then the rate was revised once after they gave me the initial quote, but not by much. I think it just takes them awhile before everyone gets on the same page regarding new cars. I ran into similar issues having one of the first SLK32, SLK230, and 225 TTs in the U.S.

(BTW, Neil, Drk Frcs (Kevin) lives in Fairfax and has a new CO. He may stop by .... let us know if you're in the area.)

·
Registered
538 Posts
dana said:

Anybody else have their policy adjusted afterwards? Is this kosher?
It's not unusual when a car is new and the insurance industry has no history data on it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts