The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else run into this? From what I can tell the pulley is no longer spinning and the serpentine belt merely sqeaks around the frozen unit whether or not the clutch is engaged.

I'm looking for a shortcut to keeping the car on the road. Does anyone know offhand if a shorter belt could bypass the compressor with rubbing? If not, how hard would it be to pull the compressor for now and run with a shorter belt?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I had the same problem as you have now, due to I need the A/C, so I had to replace the whole compressor, it's very difficult, there is narely no room to get it out. Unless you remove the rear clam. But you still can make it, just not easy.

·
Registered
433 Posts
ac pulley bearing ?

If the issue is the bearing in the pulley, I may very well have the right one in stock or be able to order it from a vendor. Does someone have a "bad" one to send me that I can check out?

·
Super Moderator
3,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I had the same problem as you have now, due to I need the A/C, so I had to replace the whole compressor, it's very difficult, there is narely no room to get it out. Unless you remove the rear clam. But you still can make it, just not easy.
Is it a Toyota part? Do you have the part number?

I believe the Celica GT-S part number is 88320-2BH20-84 but I'm not sure if that's the same as what's in a 2005 Elise.
Apparently that's the compressor without the pulley.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts