The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,

can you help me find the problem with my a/c?

i have taken my lotus about 5 times:wallbang: to the newport dealer and they seem to not have fixed it.

it works for about a couple of days then stops cooling.

im guessing its a leak with the free-on, but i dont understand how they cant find the problem.

everything blows normal and turns on, but it just isnt cooling. The heater works just fine too.

got any ideas?:shrug:

thanks alot.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Sounds like a leak to me too, a competent technician with the right detection equipment should be able to find it. In saying that, the pipes carrying the freon have very long runs in some rather inaccessible areas. The other possibility is that the flapper valve, which is operated by the temperature control is stuck in the "heat" position, blocking off the cold air flow from the evaporator..
Had it been left it in the "cold " position when it stopped working.
Cheers,
Michael

·
Registered
86 Posts
hey guys,

can you help me find the problem with my a/c?

i have taken my lotus about 5 times:wallbang: to the newport dealer and they seem to not have fixed it.

it works for about a couple of days then stops cooling.

im guessing its a leak with the free-on, but i dont understand how they cant find the problem.

everything blows normal and turns on, but it just isnt cooling. The heater works just fine too.

got any ideas?:shrug:

thanks alot.

I went to Newport, they replaced sensor, then it worked perfectly and has been really freezing cold. I believe that was under TSB. You might wanna try that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts