The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 05 Elise and I need to replace the A/C compressor/clutch wiring harness. The little short 2 wire piece with two connectors/plugs and a ground. It’s just getting old and I have soldered it back together a couple of times already. Does anyone know which Toyota part this is? Celica, Matrix, Corolla, Vibe, ??? I’m pretty certain it’s not Lotus only. The Toyota parts diagrams all show up as an illustrated piece, so it’s impossible to get a clear picture of the third connector. Has anyone replaced one of these and tracked down the Toyota part? Or the source for the two connectors/plugs. The wiring is a simple to duplicate if I had new plugs.

·
Administrator
2005 Lotus Elise
2,725 Posts
Can you take a picture of the connectors and post them?

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately I soldered them back together and put them on the car and they are a bear to get to. I talked to a Toyota parts department and they told me that part is no longer available, if in fact, it’s the part from the 05 Celica with the 2zz. It is available if you buy the entire compressor and clutch for $700!

I asked about getting the two pig-tail connectors and the one on the harness side is available but not the one on the clutch side (the one I really need). I may need to look into a salvage yard part.

If anyone knows anything else that I don’t know, I appreciate any bit of info.

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This one? https://findpigtails.com/connector/toyota/celica/2005/a-c-compressor/

Alternatively, you can just get any 2 pin connector and replace them on both ends; that would be your cheapest route. If you want to stay OEM, you can try grabbing a connector from an old compressor in a junk yard.
That might be the one but I’m not certain without a picture. Maybe I’ll call them. I’m also not certain all the Celia’s had the 2zz, I think only the GT-S, so the compressor might be different on the 1zz? It would be easy to swap the harness end to any dependable connector, but I think I need the original pigtail on the clutch end. Good lead though. I’ll do some more leg work and post what I find.

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
1,369 Posts
All AC compressors should be the same, 1zz or 2zz. You can look it up on Rock Auto, O'Reilley's, etc. Same part for both GT and GT-S.

·
Administrator
2005 Lotus Elise
2,725 Posts
Does the compressor end look like this?

Land vehicle Tire Wheel Light Automotive tire

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes. The blackish one. That is the connector I’m trying to source. BTW, what’s the gray connector? Seems like that’s in an odd location- Maybe due to the BWR-SC location?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts