The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
ROCKCENTER said:
I was taking my golf bag out of my Elise's trunk, accidentally fell in... thank goodness for the emergency release latch!!! phew...
Is this you?:D

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
tonyyoshi said:
oh my god, you're serious... you've got an emergency release? is this for 2 foot tall people or something?
Not only it's there, it's also glow in the dark. It's a requirement, albeit an idiotic one here. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
368 Posts
tonyyoshi said:
oh my god, you're serious... you've got an emergency release? is this for 2 foot tall people or something?
Are you telling me you don't have these in hong kong elises? That's so dangerous!

On a more serious note. Maybe its for babies that get abducted and thrown into trunks. :D I can imagine them tugging on the emergency release "Goo goo ga ga hee!"until the lid pops and help arrives.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
tonyyoshi said:
the **** you guys have to put up with in the states to get a car on the road.... jeez.... i'm surprised they even allow you to steer the car all by yourself!!!
You mean you actually touch the steering wheel? We get auto pilots and a Lexan cover over our steering wheels like in Jurassic Park :)

Yes our laws go overboard in too many aspects.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
ROCKCENTER said:
I was taking my golf bag out of my Elise's trunk, accidentally fell in... thank goodness for the emergency release latch!!! phew...
Lol.
Classic.:D
just don't read the "airbags are dangerous" stickers on the visors or they'll kill you after you collide with something.
m

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
I think you could fit an adult body into my trunk-of course it have to be chopped to bits. I agree it's ridiculous. There are enough warning stickers all over. I starting taking them off, too. Stan has removed everything!

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
The aluminum jack I bought came with material warning me not to jack up the car while it's moving....

They have to do things like this to avoid being sued. That is they have to include reading material which few even look at to protect themselves. That way when a Marching Moron hurts themself doing something dumb, they can't blame whoever made the item.

Heck even Lotus does this...the Owner's Manual specifically mentions not to remove or replace soft or hard top while driving around.

Warning: The soft or hard top roofs should be removed only whilst the car is safely parked. Do not attempt to remove the soft or hard top whilst the car is in motion.

Wow they had to say it both ways...make sure it is parked and make sure it is not in motion.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
There's actually wording in the Elise Owner's manual indicating that the only reason a couple of the warning are in the manual is because they are required by the regulations - not just for the lawyers...:wallbang:

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
I forget which car it was, but I had one where all warnings/useless-lawyer-blab were background-shaded in orange, usually on their own page.

That was really cool because you could rip all those pages out of the 3-ring mini-spiral and have a useful manual.

Our new Toyota manual was at least 70% warning, 30% information. Pretty soon they can print it in two volumes and I can 'store' one of them.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Ground Loop said:
Our new Toyota manual was at least 70% warning, 30% information.
It's not just cars... I recently bought a Miter saw. The manual has to be about 20 pages, and the actual information on how to adjust and use the saw would probably only be 1, maybe 2 pages...:shrug:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts