The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got my used '07 Exige S and have a couple of questions that I hope can be answered.

1) The color is a metallic green. In the thread about '06 colors this is listed as Racing Green, is this the correct name for '07?

2) I know the car has traction control because of the button on the center consol, but how can I tell if it has LSD?

Thanks

·
Registered
7,430 Posts
Send me the vin an Ill let you know about the LSD.

Racing Green Metallic is the proper name after 2005. In 2005 it was called Lotus Racing Green

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
If you raise the rear wheels off the ground, and you spin one wheel, if the other turns the same direction you have LSD. I think it may be true that all cars with TC also have LSD but I'm not sure.

other way around.....all cars that have LSD have TC, but all cars that have TC do NOT necessarily have LSD

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Racing Green is B119. It is one of the colors I keep in stock. Your code is in between the driver seat and the sill. It will be right side up if you kneel down out side the car and look down.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Racing Green is B119. It is one of the colors I keep in stock. Your code is in between the driver seat and the sill. It will be right side up if you kneel down out side the car and look down.

Yes, it's B119. I bought it from pictures only and they did not do justice to the color, especially in the sunlight.

I've seen your work, and will probably get the center console painted sometime in the future.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Send me the vin an Ill let you know about the LSD.

Racing Green Metallic is the proper name after 2005. In 2005 it was called Lotus Racing Green
PM sent

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
If you raise the rear wheels off the ground, and you spin one wheel, if the other turns the same direction you have LSD. I think it may be true that all cars with TC also have LSD but I'm not sure.
This is only true of a clutch type LSD, which our cars do not have, except as an option in the CUP versions.

Most of us with LSD equipped cars have found that the transaxle is marked "LSD" in a green pain pen. Open your engine cover. Stand at the driver's side rear corner of the car. Look down between the engine and the coolant resevoir. You should be able to see the green paint pen markings on the side of the tranny if it is so equiped.

xtn

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A public thanks to wallabyguy:

Robert you input is truly apperciated. I just wish I would have noticed this sticker (about the odo change) earlier in the week. Upon getting the car home on Monday I had just about 400 miles listed on the odo.

I had planned on going to VIR for an Audi Club DE on Monday & Tuesday this week (tomorrow) so I knew that I deeded the ECU dump done before I beat on it. On Tuesday I called Criswell service and Marty said I needed at leat 800 miles for the ECU dump, so on Wednesday I drove from Baltimore to Randolph Macon College in Ashland, VA to see my son's Lacrosse Game (his team, Virginia Wesleyan, won.:clap:) Had I noticed the sticker, I am sure I would have driven the Tahoe to the Lacrosse game, not the Lotus. It sure would have been more comfortable on I-95.

regardless, I put over 350 miles on in 2 days, and Criswell is about 50 miles from where I live so all looked good until. . . I got a kidney stone on Thursday night and and my plans of VIR were shot in an instant.

Now, at least I know that I can enjoy the car fully and not have to worry about babying it or even having to visit Criswell until the next regular service date.

wallabyguy said:
It's funny actually because I ordered this car for someone about 16 months ago. He backed out and we ended up selling it to someone else

It has:
Track Pack
Traction Control
Touring

Yes the 1k service was completed and your warranty is good until 6/25/10

All campaigns are completed.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
other way around.....all cars that have LSD have TC, but all cars that have TC do NOT necessarily have LSD
Thanks, I always appreciate learning about and filling the gaps in my knowledge. :wave:

This is only true of a clutch type LSD, which our cars do not have, except as an option in the CUP versions.

Most of us with LSD equipped cars have found that the transaxle is marked "LSD" in a green pain pen. Open your engine cover. Stand at the driver's side rear corner of the car. Look down between the engine and the coolant resevoir. You should be able to see the green paint pen markings on the side of the tranny if it is so equiped.

xtn
I do not understand this. I was under the impression that all mechanical (as opposed to electronic) LSD work like this. Why doesn't our car? Why did they fit a different LSD to the CUP cars?

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
Our LSD is mechanical, but the left and right sides are not physically limited together until torque is applied. The torque of worm gears acting upon their driven gears is what generates the torque equalizing forces. When you have both wheels jacked up off the ground and just spin one of them by hand, the other side will turn backwards as if it were an open dif.

A "clutch type" works differently. This is probably what you're thinking of. Both sides are physically linked together by the friction of clutch plates. It is possible to brake the friction, which is what will allow the vehicle to turn, but it's preloaded to a certain friction level and will attempt to keep both wheels spinning the same speed up until that preset friction level is exceeded.

The CUP cars were probably offered with the optional clutch type LSD just to give buyers a choice. Other than that guess I don't have any idea what the thinking was behind it.

xtn

1 - 12 of 12 Posts