The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to drive in the heat - it's fun to watch my temp gauge hit 200+ and leave little puddles of Pirrelli all over the place...

I'm not interested in a daytime drive, I want to do a night drive.

There are 2 places that strike me as opportunities for close, immediate fun.

1. Tortilla Flats
2. South Mountain

I am going to go within the next couple of weeks... probably a Thursday or Friday night.

Come if you would like... or let me know where you would be interested in going to.

Balls and Coffee

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
...once it's cooled down enough for sanity, we should plan a weekend outing to meet up somewhere between el paso and marfa, about seven hours from both phoenix and san antonio...that could be a lot of fun, groups from both cities converging way out in the middle of nowhere...

·
Registered
357 Posts
I'd recommend this spot in Valentine - completely in the middle of nowhere with this really cool Prada store art installation.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would be cool with doing a long trip like that ...m... Hope I get to reupholster my 2005 seats beforehand! rotfl

Sounding like South Mountain may be the ticket, unless there is something nifty like that out by you Smallfatz. :)

I was thinking something more in the immediate vicinity Jasper. You know, like a local spot to drive and then go home. (only because of the heat)

Thinking a Thursday night will be best for traffic reasons. So a meet around 7:30:shrug:, and then stroll through the canyons;), and then hang for a bit to discuss mods:drool:, and then jet:evil:... sound decent?

·
Registered
69 Posts
All those places sound awesome! Especially at night. There is another fun twisty drive to nowhere. Anyone heard of Secret Base Camp? When I had my MINI we would go up there at night. Very fun and not a busy road!

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
where at Hotrod? I'm willing to travel to make it easier for others to join.

·
Registered
54 Posts
All sounds good to me. I've only had my Elise like a month so I don't have any good drives that I know yet. Everyone tells me to check out Vulture Mine road out here on the west side but I haven't had a chance yet.

I'll be in San Fran this Thursday, so I'm out for that day, but if you go next week I'm there!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Sorry took so long for me to answer, we were out of town. It's off the 101 Pima highway to Cave Creek rd. Turn right, go a mile or two, and let the fun begin.

·
Registered
64 Posts
All sounds good to me. I've only had my Elise like a month so I don't have any good drives that I know yet. Everyone tells me to check out Vulture Mine road out here on the west side but I haven't had a chance yet.

I'll be in San Fran this Thursday, so I'm out for that day, but if you go next week I'm there!
Vulture Mine is great! There are some very, very long straight sections and as you get closer to Wickenburg, it turns into nice sweepers. Be careful at night as it is open range and there can be livestock on the road which could ruin your day in a big way! If you do go all the way to Wickenburg, Anita's Mexican restaurant downtown has fantastic food! If you are in the mood for a burger, Screamers on the west side of town is the place to go. Have fun!!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Vulture Mine is great! There are some very, very long straight sections and as you get closer to Wickenburg, it turns into nice sweepers. Be careful at night as it is open range and there can be livestock on the road which could ruin your day in a big way! If you do go all the way to Wickenburg, Anita's Mexican restaurant downtown has fantastic food! If you are in the mood for a burger, Screamers on the west side of town is the place to go. Have fun!!!
I had my doubts, but I'll have to go check it out now.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I'd be up for a night drive sometime in the next two weeks. This group notoriously difficult to get together so hopefully this one pans out. South Mountain is close enough for me and I've been meaning to make the trip out there so let's get a few people together and make it happen.

·
Registered
427 Posts
There's another thread started about a possible upcoming ride. Post your ideas/suggestions and interest if you'd care to join in!
:shift::shift:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts